UC Irvine vs UC Davis

<p>Although sadly it will have to end soon when class instruction begins again.</p>

<p>You are pathetic.</p>

<p>Purest- According to CP's website, the average GPA/SAT for admitted students at SLO for '08 was 3.87/1258 (math and verbal). I'd say that the calibre of student at SLO is easily that of the middle UC's. The UC's are great, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Cal Poly...</p>

<p>^ A highschool GPA 3.9 sounds about minimum to get into the UCs listed such as UCD, UCSD, UCI, or UCSB nowadays.</p>

<p>Oop - stop going to UC threads. You don't go to a UC, and you clearly don't know anything about them. Sorry you're stuck where you are -- just get over it.</p>

<p>To the ORIGINAL QUESTION:
I recommend Davis. They're about equal in rankings, but I can tell you that Davis has a great college atmosphere and great instructors.</p>

<p>Milton- Davis' site says their 25-75 percentile gpa is between 3.75-4.17, so their average is probably about the same as Cal Poly's.</p>

<p>the thing about cal poly is that it is sorta like a technical school. It focuses on training you for a career. This is why a larger amount of let's say UCSD students go to grad school then cal poly. </p>

<p>Besides if you aren't into arch. or eng. then why bother with cal poly? The UCs are nice because they are generally good in engineering, hard sciences, and poly sci.</p>

<p>You guys are foolish to say Cal Poly isn't as good as any UC beside UCB. It is ranked as having the 3rd highest alumni salary as any public university. (Tied with UCLA and UCSD)</p>

<p>UC's cost almost 10k more than Cal Poly for in state students.</p>

<p>Cal Poly's Architecture, Business, Engineering, Agriculture, and Math and Science programs are excellent and nationally known. </p>

<p>Cal Poly's acception rate is 45%</p>

<p>Cal Poly SLO is an excellent school</p>

<p>Oop -- Cal Poly is NOT nationally known at all.
Also, I encourage everyone to disregard any post by Oop, as a quick search of his posts shows that 100% of them are pro "Cal Poly LOLZ" and 100% against ALL UCs. He was not able to attend a UC, and is constantly bashing them for this reason.</p>

<p>Between the two, to the OP, I would say Davis.</p>

<p>Completely False dmission.. The UC System is awesome. I applied to multiple UC's. I just think Cal Poly is just as good as the mid tier UC's. I am still able to attend a UC.</p>

<p>Your posts are starting to get erratic. CHILL OUT LOLZ</p>

<p>^
Quote from Early</a> Action/Decision</p>

<p>[Early Action means you can apply to one or more schools and if you are accepted you are under no obligation to attend that institution...</p>

<p>Early Decision works differently. If you apply early and you are accepted then you will be attending that particular institution. This is often referred to as a binding process because once you are admitted you are committed or bound to that institution. As a result you cannot apply to more than one Early Decision School. Some schools that have binding Early Decision programs are Pitzer College, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Duke University]</p>

<p>You were saying oop? I guess its Cal Poly for you!</p>

<p>can you guys go away?
the last 3 pages had NOTHING to do with the original topic
one that i am very very concerned about thank you very much</p>

<p>all of your colleges are awesome in their own way</p>

<p>They did go away. Nearly 3 months ago. :)</p>

<p>You bumped an old topic lol. Look at the dates on each of the replies </p>

<p>This bumpage might reignite some old UCI vs UCD banter that might be insightful to people looking to decide between the two for THIS fall though :]</p>

<p>I have an opinion about this topic, but I'm not going to write it in this thread because this thread has already been destroyed.</p>

<p>Which History department is better? UCSD or UCI?</p>

<p>Just for those of you arguing about salaries....even though I think you are over it...I'd like to add this.</p>

<p>My dad...
UCLA graduate.....I know his junior - senior year he had a 4.0...don't know about his previous years...
Admitted to UC Hastings and USC law school. </p>

<p>Current career: Runs a small business selling shoes. Makes about 40,000 in a bad year and 60,000 in a good year.</p>

<p>Moral of the story: Your college degree is what you make of it.</p>

<p>im currently choosng between uci, ucd, and ucsb…
does anyone know the ranking of the following majors?
Business economics at UCI
Economics at UCD
Pre-economics/accounting at UCSB</p>

<p>its now 2013 and as far as rankings go, UCD #39 UCI #49. I applaud your predictions but UCI is still ranked lower than UCD, much lower now than it was 5 years ago lolz</p>

<p>Also UC Davis is pretty nice, I highly recommend eating breakfast at the Crepe House. DELICIOUS.</p>

<p>Also UCSB is at #41 so it is fair to say, UCD=UCSB>UCI</p>