UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Can you please confirm whether you show something in your portal or is it all in email? Thanks

Just got off waitlist for history major. In state student. I was sent an email being told to check my portal. I was also put into seventh college, has anyone heard anything about it or could give me an overview? Iā€™m committed to UCSB (same major), however not sure if I should switch considering UCSD was my second top school. If anyone could help list pros or cons for UCSD, that would be amazing!

3 Likes

when did you get your email?

4:35, sent to promotions, not main gmail inbox

1 Like

Congrats!

thank you!

1 Like

Thatā€™s tricky. I think both are honestly great schools (I didnā€™t apply to UCSB). Me though, Iā€™m more biased to UCSD. Congratulations by the way!

Congrats!! Also a waitlisted history major, now I donā€™t have much hope :sob: When is your deadline to commit?

im pretty sure this is just the first wave- stay hopeful!

ayy im committed to ucsb currently too, not as lucky with getting off the ucsd waitlist tho

Iā€™m also slightly biased to UCSD, but iā€™ve already found a roommate at UCSB and visited which is making me feel as if I should just stick it out and stay thereā€¦ But thank you!

2 Likes

I have to submit my housing fees to UCR tonight and itā€™s non refundable, itā€™s hard being hopeful :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I got into ucsd for economics at revelle just now through an email saying there was update in my portal. I am choosing between ucsb and ucsd. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist.

5 Likes

May 17th, so a week. Good luck!!

when did your email come?

4:35 pm

considering econ and poli sci are both liberal arts imma give up hope

1 Like

whereā€™s the biology majorsšŸ„²

any majors form the scripps institue of oceanography getting accepted?

1 Like

Any poli sci or psych?

2 Likes