UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

That’s a good point. Guess all I can do is just wait and see what happens.

I applied for Sociology

UCSB Regents recipients receive a package in the mail notifying them that they have been awarded the scholarship and that they were admitted to UCSB. Last year’s Regents package was received around Feb. 22. The portal is not updated until general admissions portals are updated.

Berkeley and Irvine also admit top students in February (portals are updated). In the past UCSD had an early phone calling campaign for top students but they didn’t do it last year.

Is the scholarship something that an applicant directly needs to apply to?

Or are all UCSB applicants considered? I’ve heard about the scholarship but I never found a clear answer as to how people are considered for it.

You don’t need to apply for these scholarships, just the UC application is enough.

1 Like

As far as I know only UCLA and Berkeley require students to do a separate application for the Regents scholarship. In the past, Berkeley’s Regents application included an interview and UCLA’s application involved submitting more essays. UCSB, UCI, UCD and UCSD awarded Regents based on the UC application.

As far as timing, in the past, invites to the Chancellor’s receptions came out first and 1-2 weeks later the Regents awards arrived in the mail. Last year’s Regents award letter was dated Feb 14.

did everyone get the email about virtual open houses? i assume people did, but the dates are for late march (after decisions?), so i thought it was a bit strange.

another q: when do people think chancellor’s reception invites might come? will it be an email this year due to covid? i’d just like to hear people’s thoughts

2 Likes

I got this too, I was wondering the same thing. To me it would be weird to send dates after decisions to applicants but that’s just me.

It is weird, and it has multiple sessions. My son is attending a similar event at U Wisconsin this month where he is admitted. There is no point to spend so much time for this at all.

I just checked the link. There is no registration available yet. It turns out only for information :slight_smile:

Just a note from last year; my daughter did NOT receive the invite to the Chancellor’s reception but was admitted and also to the L&S Honors Program. So don’t stress if you don’t get that invite.

2 Likes

so you mean the mail does not indicate an admission? I am very stressed then.

@Nj08809: UC decisions do not come out until March for most applicants. Most of the emails you will be receiving in the next 2 months are general and for all applicants. Do not read anything into them unless your UCSB portal states you are admitted.

Thanks. I was just kidding :slight_smile:

Thanks for this info. I’ll try my best to not overthink emails I get.

I usually never think much of UC emails, but ever since I received the alumni scholarship email from UCLA it made me more cautious of emails from the UCs I applied to.

1 Like

Do you live close to a site where a reception was scheduled to be held?

We live in the Sacramento area. I know in 2019 a friends’ daughter in the area received an invite.

That is interesting. In the past, I thought they only sent them to students who lived close to where they were having a reception (ex. LA, OC, San Jose). Maybe they changed things.

Based on dates in the past, when do you guys predict that the Chancellor’s invite will be released?

In 2018 the event was on Mar 10 in So Cal and my daughter received her invite mid-February

2 Likes

Do you have to fill out financial aid info to be considered for Chancellor’s Scholarship?