UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Does UCSB send out requests for the supplemental questionnaire?

UCSB is not listed as a UC campus that uses the supplemental but it is up to the discretion of each campus.
https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/augmented-review-policy-2017.pdf

Great, thanks for the info!

Sorry, I don’t know

1 Like

@dar222: I would contact UCSB Financial aid office since it is a need-based scholarship and they usually will want to see if you are also eligible for any federal grants prior to awarding the scholarship.

Chancellor’s Scholarship:

The Chancellor’s Scholarship is a need based scholarship awarded by the Chancellor’s Scholarship Committee based on the various information submitted on your Application for Undergraduate Admission and Scholarship. It is limited to students that reside in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Kern and San Luis Obispo Counties. This scholarship is renewable for three additional years provided you meet the minimum requirements to renew this scholarship.

1 Like

Last year the Chancellor’s Reception invites were sent around this time. Any chance of that happening this year too?

They usually have the receptions listed on their calendar but I don’t see it this year. That’s not to say they won’t have them. They just aren’t posted where they normally are. :calendar:

I would think they would still do it, but by Zoom this year?

Just simply out of curiosity, how many parents received the ‘UCSB Parent update’ email this morning?
It does say clearly it is not indicative of an admissions decision, but I do wonder if everyone DID in fact receive it.

We’ve gotten several. Got one today.

1 Like

I got one too.

I guess only a selected group receive such communications? I have never seen anything from USCB.

1 Like

@NJ08809 are you a parent or student? This recent question above refers to emails sent to parents only. I’m a parent and I receive the Parent update emails, but my son doesn’t receive it in his email.

Nope nothing but a tour invitation which I suspect came from another mailing list. We have heard from other UCs but nothing from UCSB or Davis. I’d take it as encouraging! Did you look at the thread from last year? I’ve been too lazy but might offer clues.

Yes we received it this morning along with a few others before this one.

Yes, I am a parent. So far, there is no communications from UCSB at all.

1 Like

Yes - received it & now have to cut off midyear reports going out to them as they don’t want it (unless they ask).

The UCSB emails end up in my Promotions box in Gmail BTW - so look there if you aren’t getting it.

I got it. I’ve gotten the same email for a few months. I wonder if it means anything or if it’s just marketing. I don’t get anything like it from any other UCs but I guess they are each in charge of their own marketing.

The email is very clear that it provides no indication of admission status. It is just meant to keep parents updated and provide answers to commonly asked questions.