UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I would wait for confirmation on that number. it seems too low.

deleted for inaccurracy

I am yes- the only one I saw was CS, but there are a lot of questions so maybe I missed it. But more likely they answered the CS question wrong and that’s the total… Because 100k+ applicants@15% would be 15k admits which seems about right.

1 Like

Currently trying to ask again and receive confirmation but perhaps I am being ignored :sweat_smile::joy:

I stand corrected. They privately answered 27%. My bad :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can you share what else happened at the reception? How were the invitees selected? Did they talk about the honors program? And did they give any projection of what percentage (or size) of classes will be offered in person next year?

So far it’s basically just a Q&A. They did mention what % of students were invited, but my zoom cut out and I didn’t hear the answer. But generally it’s a pretty typical zoom info session.
EDIT: Just as a commentary, I really wish oos wasn’t so expensive. UCSB seems so awesome.

Can you pls tell me where to look for UCSB parents forum? I would love to get info too for my S21, thanks!

1 Like

As a Santa Barbara resident, UCSB’s Technology Management Program and their annual New Venture Competition are well known in the tech sector and a number of local companies have come out of that program. I recommend it to students in tech or business majors who are interested in startups. I have a number of friends who guest-lecture in TMP classes.

3 Likes

@Ynotgo did you have a child that applied for the CCS program a few years ago?

Along similar lines, the College of Engineering also has an annual competition (Capstone Design Projects) that is well regarded in the community. I felt like I was leaving that out by not mentioning it when talking about the TMP program.

Hi @lkg4answers! Yes I have an S17 who was admitted to CCS for Physics. He ended up at Caltech and will graduate (from home) in CS this June.

My S21 was admitted to UCSB in Ecology and Evolution. UCSB is a great school with great programs, but really it’s too close to home for us (7 minute drive), so he’s deciding between places north of here.

@lkg4answers – What are you doing on this board this year? I tried scrolling in your activity, but it was a lot, and “new interface” and all. You also have a 21-er?

I remember you knew a lot about CCS. There is a parent on the UCB decision thread who had questions about CCS Physics and another who PM’d me with questions about it. They might be on this thread as well.

I haven’t interacted with CCS in a few years, and definitely not during COVID, but I recommend it to people who are admitted and are planning on grad school after undergrad.

It’s a closed group on facebook called UCSB parent forum - you just have to ask to join. Most of the UCs have them and the current parents are very welcoming and happy to answer questions

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m not going to accept my waitlist offer! Most likely going to commit to Pitzer after getting in on Friday, so there is no reason to hold a spot to a deserving Gaucho that will take advantage of the waitlist. Good luck everyone!

i was worried abt the housing as well, in years past have people who get off the waitlist been able to get housing on campus? i’m currently on the waitlist and while getting admitted would be a dream i’m worried i won’t be able to get on campus housing or have the same variety of options when it comes to registering for classes as the people who have already been accepted

Is housing first come first serve this year, especially since UCSB doesn’t know how many students are going to be accommodated in housing?