UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I agree, past years had their invites come out around this time!

1 Like

For those who don’t know UCSB isn’t having a Chancellor’s Reception this year.

How did you find out?

Yesterday I got a text from UCSB Admissions, like many applicants, saying that decision day was on March 16. I texted the number, asking when the Chancellor’s invites would be sent out, to which they responded with “unfortunately, we will not be hosting a Chancellor’s reception this year due to our current limitations with COVID-19”.

1 Like

They should have done a virtual reception.

1 Like

I’m assuming that Regents are still going to be sent out, but I’ll try to confirm.

1 Like

Does this mean that they won’t be sending out Chancellor’s invites or they just won’t have a reception?

All I know for sure is that there won’t be a Chancellor’s Reception, but I doubt they’d send invites to an event that isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

What does the transcript tab show in the portal? Mine shows the name of my school and not received next to it

Same. I think that’s normal; they don’t ask for you to submit your transcript

Any info on chancellors invite arriving this week?

That’s for after you’ve been admitted. They need the official final transcript at the end of the year.

1 Like

See info above. Not happening this year.

@Stilletos02d Are you in California? If yes, my son’s counselor told us that our school submits transcripts to the California Colleges website where CSUs and UCs gets access to the transcripts as they are reported by the school. My son checked and the latest transcript was submitted and the system calculated the UC and CSU gpas in there. Check with your counselor to see if they have a process to send the transcripts to UCs.

I am in California and there Is not a recent transcript. It just shows not received the Spring one.

They don’t want any transcript until you are admitted.

anyone received regents yet?

Are you saying that his counselor has a way to submit his 7th semester transcript to the UC’s? I asked our counselor about sending my son’s to help his application and he didn’t seem to know how to do that - told us to send it ourselves.

They don’t want it until you are admitted.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but it sounded like MommaLue was saying their counselor had a way to send theirs in, so I’m curious.