UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Yesterday, we attended UCSB webinar for waitlist students.
And I think she mentioned for engineering waitlist, they would only consider for that engineering major and might not consider if there is space in the alternate major(in L&S) or undeclared.
Did anyone else attended the webinar yesterday? Did you guys also heard the same thing?

Anecdotally speaking as a current Computer Engineering student, I don’t know a single person who was admitted off the waitlist in the college of engineering for class of 2026, though I know a lot in the college of letters and sciences.

That is disappointing to hear about alternate majors or Undeclared as not being considered for waitlisted Engineering majors.

1 Like

fwiw, UCSB admissions responded to our email last week saying they would consider alternate major also as part of waitlist. So, it’s confusing.

I agree very confusing.

The portal is closed till tomorrow. There is a message about transfers decision day etc.

Does anyone know when UCSB will begin informing waitlisted students that are offered admission? Also, any idea on Waitlist Offers & Waitlist Opt-Ins numbers for 2023? Thanks in advance!

Only admissions knows if spots are available so if they start accepting from the waitlist, it could be this week. Here is the 2022 timeline: Admits starting May 2- May 17. Waitlist closed June 10.

Usually current waitlist information is not available until after the waitlist closes and UC’s have confirmed their enrollment numbers.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt response! I guess I’d love to hear from users on this chat, if anyone received the good news yet. Ty!!!

1 Like

What about appeals for initially rejected students?

2 Likes

The UC’s do not set aside spots for appealing students, so they will need to evaluate each student’s appeal documentation and if approved, see where they can admit based on available spots and institutional needs. No specific timeline for appeals so you can hear anytime between now and probably until they close their waitlist.

Thanks! It seemed like that looking at the answers last year, but the woman in the UCSB video on their website says fresh won’t hear until late July or early August, which seems pretty useless considering schools like SDSU start mid-August.

any updates yet from the waitlist?

1 Like

DS got off waitlist for Statistics/Data Science via email to check portal at around 4:30pm.

3 Likes

DD just got off the waitlist for Pre-Biology.

3 Likes

DD got off waitlist for Psychology.

2 Likes

Congrats! Was that the primary major you opted for?

1 Like

My daughter got in with her primary major.

Yes. It was primary major. He has to decide between UCD (sir’ed) vs UCSB right now, unless other waitlist offers come in. He has to decide by 5/9 to accept offer.

1 Like

Congratulations! Is he an in-state or out-of-state student?

3 Likes