UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

In state

2 Likes

Congratulations on getting off the waitlist!

I’m a current first year Computer Engineering major, admitted for Fall 2022. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to know about UC Santa Barbara :slight_smile:

Two from our school, in state got off yesterday as well. Around 4:30. Both were Letters and Science.

1 Like

D’s friend got off waitlist yesterday – OOS letters and science

How long does someone who gets off the waitlist have to decide if they will accept the spot?

Usually a week I think

1 Like

One week

Just got off the waitlist for pre-biology!

2 Likes

Was this from the wave of acceptances yesterday?

i got the email that my “admissions decision has been made” 15 mins ago. 2 ppl from my school with the same major as me got in with yesterdays wave and im pretty sure they rejected the offer, so I think I was 3rd in line LOL

3 Likes

I see, I’m still waiting… so just seeing when they make more offers. This is pretty much my only school left.

1 Like

I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

D23 just got off the waitlist for pre-biology today 5/3/23. In-state and likely accepting.

3 Likes

My daughter got in off the waitlist tonight as well. Email at around 7:15pm PST to check her portal, and she is in to Letters & Sciences, Undeclared (which is what she applied for). Very grateful for the opportunity but sad it wasn’t an option at the start as she really would have considered it at that point. Now that she’s so far down the road at the school she’s committed to (including a roommate), I don’t know how much consideration she’ll give to making a switch. I told her to sleep on it tonight and not to even think about it yet! Congrats to all who are getting the good news this week.

4 Likes

D got off the waitlist tonight. Email sent at 7:16 pm. Admitted for pre-sociology.
Unweighted gpa 4.0, weighted 4.52,
in state, So Cal
lots of ECs
6 APs completed, 4 in progress
ELC Yes
Accepted: UCSD, UCD, UCSC, SLO, SDSU, CSULB, ASU, UMASS, U of O, OSU
Waitlisted: BU, BC, UCLA

2 Likes

just got off the waitlist today at around 7:15 college of letters and science. OOS - will be declining

3 Likes

Do you have time for a visit? UCSB might offer the small town feel she liked at Davis, along with proximity to the beach that she liked at UCSD. I’m sure there were other factors involved in her decision, but it might be worth a look.

1 Like

D23 admitted from the waitlist last night - Letters & Sciences, Undeclared (but she has excitedly committed to Tufts now, so will be declining her spot).

Unweighted 4.0 / weighted 4.44
Lots of ECs / APs

Her other California results were:

Accepted: UCB, UCI, UCD, UCSC, SLO
Waitlisted: UCSD
Rejected: UCLA

6 Likes

I’ve been following a lot of UC admissions discussions this years since my daughter has applied, but I think I finally need to ask for an opinion.

My daughter was accepted to UC Riverside in neuroscience, and waitlisted at other UCs to our disappointment. However, she was invited and accepted into the honors program at UCR and we already SIR’d. She’s excited to go. I also thought of this as a nice silver lining.

Yesterday, we stunned (or I was anyway) to receive the unexpected good news that she was accepted off the waitlist at UCSB for Psychological and Brain Sciences.

My gut reaction is that this is a much better choice, though I have warmed up to UCR and I know a little about honors programs in general. So it’s not entirely obvious.

Finally, we’re still waiting to here from Davis, though I think that’s for cognitive science. Can anyone give their thoughts on these three programs?

1 Like

What does she want to do in the long run regarding post graduation?

I went to UCSB and was a psychology major. At the time I went it was a BA in psychology and since has changed to a BS Psychological and Brain Sciences. However when I was there it was HEAVY Brain Sciences (which was not my interest at all).