**uc santa cruz class of 2025 discussion**

I think today is the big day slugs, I wish everyone the best of luck!

7 Likes

Fingers crossed. I mean, it logically makes sense, but nothing has been logical about this whole thing.

6 Likes

I must have missed the logic for today’s possible release? Please explain.

We know UCSB is tomorrow and UCLA is Friday, with UCSC, UCSD and UCD still out there unknown.

1 Like

There’s a post on the UCSC admissions page (check the right sidebar) that says decision releases will run from 3/15 to 3/31:

The releases are capped on the 20th, and it would be highly unusual for two UCs to come out on the same day, as well as for UCSC to come out, for example, after UCLA. Therefore it would be logical for them to come out today, but we will see! I personally am remaining not hopeful because I am anxious

1 Like

Honestly, I’m just killing time here, but does that necessarily mean UCSC would begin ON 3/15? I don’t have access to my D’s portal, but do we interpret to mean anytime between 3/15-3/20?

And I heard ucsc usually released decsions in prior years on the third monday of march, which is today

3 Likes

Last year decisions were released on the 16th which was a monday.

3 Likes

For all we know another UC will pull an Irvine ( aka everyone was waiting for UCD or UCSD last friday and got UCI instead) and upstage UCSC :joy:

6 Likes

Oh boy the butterflies are goin crazy in my stomach already. This is going to be a looooonggg day for me.

5 Likes

Well, last year, the 3rd Monday of March was 3/16. So, something is not correct there, if UCSC released on 3/15/2020. :thinking: :grinning:

Whoops, my bad. They were released on the 16th. I’ll edit that last post.

I’m with you - I would say no, that doesn’t necessarily mean it will begin today. I think people are “manifesting” as the kids like to say :grinning:. This week is the Wild West for UC system!!!

5 Likes

No worries, as I said, I’m just waiting along with you applicants and parents of applicants.

2 Likes

I agree that we may get something unexpected drop today, either in lieu of or in addition to UCSC. I am pretty sure, after watching an embarrassing amount of college decision reaction videos on YT, that two UCs released on the same day either last year or the year before, so anything’s possible!

3 Likes

I think many people can relate to that, me included :rofl: My youtube recommended is just full of college reaction videos. Can’t wait to never see one of these again.

4 Likes

So everyone’s done the college reaction binge huh? Glad to know I’m not the only one :joy:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I told my D this morning.

1 Like

So true!! I am over it!

3 Likes

Very much so. Aaaaaa