UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Thanks for the update…not feeling good about this now. I was in a little denial and I guess we need to focus on the school my S committed to already

1 Like

That is a really difficult proposition! What kind of yield do they anticipate if no housing is guaranteed in a place with a housing crisis like Santa Cruz? That is really crummy on their part, honestly.

3 Likes

We’re moving forward with the CSU my daughter committed too but its so hard when she’s still waiting for UCSC and then not even guaranteed on campus housing. Appreciate all of you getting info and being in the same boat!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. So if housing is not guaranteed, I would think it only fair to give waitlist invitees enough time to respond yes or no to be able to find out if they can get housing, otherwise it makes UCSC much less attractive an option. All things being equal I think my kid would pick UCSC over where she’s currently committed, but without housing, she said she’d likely pass. As a UCSC Alum, I’d reluctantly agree with her. Being stuck in town while all the other first years are bonding on campus in dorms and dining halls would be a vastly inferior experience.

3 Likes

I received this from them today when I asked about WL students and housing availability after the 5/27 housing deadline

1 Like

7 Likes

What a roller coaster :nauseated_face:

I guess we all just have to take things one step at a time and see if we are extended an offer at all!

So glad I can share these ups and downs with you all, as I’m keeping this all on my shoulders because I don’t want my daughter to be stressed over it

We still have 8 days until the housing deadline. Then it’s a new ballgame

Also, according to our sister WL threads here on CC, Cal Poly and Berkeley haven’t gone to WL either, so possibly more dust to settle there

10 Likes

Yes, I am so glad for this thread too!! I think I would drive my husband crazy talking about this and analyzing everything if I didn’t have this thread

8 Likes

Yeah same here

1 Like

YES! I am sooo grateful for this thread! And still hoping we get some news today!!!

6 Likes

I have to admit, Friday’s are torture!!

3 Likes

The later it gets I feel like they aren’t going to release any WL today.

1 Like

Meanwhile, on campus, the kids are protesting lack of housing

https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSC/comments/uu7nmw/pics_from_the_housing_protest/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like

Same feelings here

Yikes! Are those current students protesting? Do you know if UCSC prioritizes freshman?

More info here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UCSC/comments/usnax9/housing_protest_this_friday/

With this protest going on, wonder if there is still any hope to see any waitlist movement today or ever? :frowning:

I called UCSC admission today, the lady told me they don’t know when they will start WL thingy . They are waiting for other UCs WL moving forward so they can have more spots open . I also asked regarding housing for students who gets off the waitlist, she said for them the deadline for housing will be different not 5/27 . :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you!

2 Likes

Oh thank you so much!!! That’s the breath of fresh air we needed!!

THANK YOU!!!

And, might I add, it sounds like there WILL be WL movement at some point. Just depends how invested students are with the schools they already SIR’d to when it finally happens

3 Likes