UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Trying to be patient but hard as we keep taking steps forward at the committed school for now.

3 Likes

Students with multiple offers prefer one option over another, even my S22 opted-out UCSC for another in-state university so chances are the waitlist will move in case the UC miscalculated their yield which seems to be the case as mentioned in another thread UCs took a more conservative approach this year.

Harsh. No on campus, looking in community…scarce availability for very high prices.

It is a challenge to find sophomore housing. No on campus, looking in community…scarce availability for very high prices.

Anyone hear anything today?

Thank you. I’ve heard it’s really hard to get housing if you’re not on a priority list (athlete, honors, EOP and some others)

Would UCSC provide online options (especially GE) for students who cannot find on-campus or affordable housing? It would be unreasonable to put students into this housing situation and require them to take only face-to-face classes.

Ugh!! Hate this waiting. Some days I think the school my son committed to already will be fine but then I get hopeful for ucsc. After thinking about what housing said that waitlist kids have their own deadline that makes me think that they r planning for waitlist students. I know there r only a few of us on this site so not totally representative so was wondering has anyone seen on Reddit or other sites if they have let students in off the waitlist yet??

4 Likes

i haven’t seen or heard anything about UCSC waitlist! Hate this waiting too

2 Likes

I’m on Reddit too and haven’t heard a peep from anyone getting off the waitlist yet.

Also, I know my daughter will be very happy at SDSU, has her perfect Clinical Psych/ Social Work major, and incredible housing and dining. There’s even a Trader Joe’s on campus with a lot of good restaurants….

BUT her heart is in Santa Cruz

5 Likes

I wish they would give us an update on what’s happening

2 Likes

Has anyone called lately?

Maybe someone should call admissions​:joy::joy: maybe if we keep bugging them they will release so people stop calling

3 Likes

So glad just called and spoke briefly to a very nice woman who said they may not go to their waiting list at all…. And commented on the unprecedented number of applicants.
Sad! But I think it will help us move on!

Thank you for calling. It is sad :disappointed:

Got an email saying that there is an update while clicking through the portal nothing shows

2 Likes

same

same!

I guess there might be an error…reading through the comments likely going to be a rejection letter saying we are not off the waitlist

1 Like

I hope they’re not axing the CS people like UCSD as I applied CS and my secondary is also capped