UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Just checked. Nothing to report here

2 Likes

Nothing here either!

2 Likes

Nothing by email anyway, as that is all I can access :rofl:

same

1 Like

The MyUCSC link isnā€™t working for me, is anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Same - unable to login

1 Like

Maybe theyā€™re updating it?

1 Like

Oh boy! Trying not to read too much into this and give myself an ulcer!! :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Sorry :sweat_smile: looks like the link is working now. No updates.

3 Likes

Well, Portal Peeps, is the wait over for the week?

Guess soā€¦hate the waiting

1 Like

Really wanted to see some movement today :confused: My guess is that ucsc is waiting to see if admits get off other waitlists and give up their spot, so more ucsc spots open up.

4 Likes

I have to believe this is true (that UCSC is waiting to see how the other UCs shake out first).

This was my interpretation of what I was told by someone in the admissions department a few weeks ago.

Undoubtedly there are students who were accepted to UCSC who would prefer to go to other UCs where they were waitlisted, which are more highly ranked / more exclusive.

As those more selective schools open up their wait listā€¦ students who previously accepted at UCSC will withdraw their SIRā€¦ creating more open slots @ UCSC.

By waiting, the UCSC admissions department will have better information as to how many open slots are available for those on the waitlist. Assuming that UCSC cares about admission yield, I would think thereā€™s an advantage to UCSC to wait till things shake out a bit.

To be sureā€¦ I may be overthinking thisā€¦ but that would seem reasonable.

5 Likes

Waiting not so patiently here for my dd. She has actually committed to a more selective UC campus, but her heart is in Santa Cruz. What were you told?

1 Like

The good news is at least they havenā€™t started letting people in off the waitlist so there is still hope!

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. More time to evaluate admissions will work in our favor as SIRs shake out. Have a good weekend, everyone!

2 Likes

We are on UCSDā€™s waitlist too and no movement there either, I wish they had admitted today, just to get a good feeling that UCSC was the last one to move, especially since Santa Cruz has DDā€™s heart

2 Likes

Happy Motherā€™s Day to anxious Mom, your kids will be accepted where they feel happy & thrive. SC is the best administration experience so far. Great Decision we made

6 Likes

Looks like UCSDā€™s WL is moving today!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/ulwiak/accepted_from_ucsd_waitlist/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

1 Like

I think UCSC may be the last one to take kids off the waitlist so they know roughly how many spots they have available since they expect students to accept other UC waitlist offers over them

2 Likes