UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I think that would be a smart move. Today is the deadline to submit an SIR for the WL offerings from UCSB last week. I have seen 2 posts from kids stating they are accepting UC Davis WL offers over their original SC commitment. So, if SC plays the waiting game to see how things shake down, it might mean more of us get the news we’re hoping for!

5 Likes

Do you know of any other UCs that accepted off their waitlist recently and when their deadlines to submit SIR are? Maybe if there are enough SIR deadlines before this Friday we might see some SC movement by the end of the week?

2 Likes

Several posts on the UCSD Waitlist thread that indeed, UCSD WL is moving!! :partying_face:

I asked how long they were given to SIR and was told May 16th!

3 Likes

Any word yet on the waiting list? It’s taking so long :disappointed:

1 Like

Not here, but SB and LA sent out more this morning, so SC may be waiting to see who accepts ?

1 Like

I hope so!!

2 Likes

Hopefully we can get some good news by the end of this week!

7 Likes

So no new updates??!!

1 Like

Not here… :disappointed:

Honestly, I’m hoping SC takes their time and lets the WL SIR dates pass for the new SB, LA and SD offers so we can see what opens up for UCSC

I agree, but I also wish they would just release a first wave. They must have spots open from people who didn’t initially accept their offer of admission and with the couple waitlist waves from last week.

But I’m also just impatient lol.

4 Likes

We are all in the same boat as this is my kiddos first choice. She loved the environment and everyone was so nice on campus

3 Likes

I went there and my brother did too, we both loved it. My d has her fingers crossed for the waitlist :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did anyone submit Loci?

1 Like

UC Santa Cruz does not accept LOCI’s from waitlisted students.

3 Likes

What is LOCI ?

Letter of Continued interest

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Anyone receive anything yet?

Nope. If they send anything this week it will probably be tomorrow afternoon.