*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

that parent seems very odd i was talking to a berkeley freshman reader (not the main AO’s, but works with them to read hundreds of apps) who runs a counseling service in california and he said i should expect the wl acceptance rates to be similar to that of 2017-2020.

5 Likes

hi i’ve been reading this thread for a while & just wanted to pop in and wish everyone good luck :slight_smile:

hopefully we will be hearing back today!!

10 Likes

are the glitches expected to come today at 1PM PST or the actual admission

glitch

ohh so is that what @scrambro was talking about?

good luck everyone (if it comes today) and check for the glitch around 12-1 PST :pray:

:candle: :sparkle: :star: manifesting my acceptance to cal :candle: :sparkle: :star:

8 Likes

I am a parent of a senior who committed to a SoCal UC. We live less than an hour away from Cal so I’d like to share with you my personal observation. It seems after a year and half of remote learning, many of my child’s friends are declining their offers to Cal and opting to go either oos, SoCal or out of country. I personally know of 5 students who declined their acceptance offers, including one from my child. If this is indeed the trend at other SF Bay Area schools, then there will be seats available to fill for UCB class of 2025. Wishing you all the best!

11 Likes

What is FPF?

https://fpf.berkeley.edu/

these are the type of parents we want on cc :heart::heart:

9 Likes

Bro, I’m so nervous I got waitlisted for eecs (but I do have UCLA for cs) what are the chances, and is FPF offered for engineering waitlists?

nope, and relatively low chance for eecs

hey guys, i personally declined my berkeley L&S offer for a different UC! i also know like 8 people from my school who did the same. i hope you guys get off

9 Likes

thanks a lot and good luck at the other UC you are going to!

ya cus they are just telling you what you want to hear

1 Like

@pizzaeater7000 They said it’s a possibility, rather than saying its a fact with no basis whatsoever other than “trust me bro” like the other parent. The possibility of there being seats for WL is far higher than the possibility of there being no seats and there has been no evidence to show otherwise

4 Likes

10 more minutes

does anyone see a glitch?

i didn’t. where do you look for a glitch? in the MAP portal?

let me check