UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

the withdraw button thing only started to work last night iirc. At 3/21 everyone had the message u had

Were you able to access the welcome event?

I’m not saying that this has no meaning, I’m just trying to say that based on previous data from previous years this is not reasonable

So yeah it could indicate acceptance especially for people who could access both

But there are some people who couldn’t
And this is worth investigating

I wish I had checked the welcome event :disappointed:

Does anyone know how to differentiate between waitlist/acceptance for those who could access withdrawal form?

1 Like
  • if you could not access the welcome reception but could access the withdrawal form: waitlist

• if you could access both the welcome reception and the withdrawal form: accepted

(just a theory)

4 Likes

Unfortunately, no. :frowning: I guess it is rejection. :frowning:

What if the people who couldn’t access the welcome thingy were rejected?
Will this make this method valid anymore?

Trust me I wish that this rumor is true ( i can access both) but I looked over 2025 portal bug and i did notice that they had more realistic numbers than us

1 Like

what are the numbers

someone should create a poll for those who can see the withdrawal message, and have the two choices be can you see the welcome reception or not.

I guess it is a fat L :frowning: thanks though.

when we start to get our decisions and it turns out that those who could access the withdrawal button are rejected, then yeah all of this is invalid.

i mean last years data, %s and sample size. i want to check how significant the difference is

im just gonna say that 31% admit rate is perfectly reasonable. take a look at the A2C subreddits census for past year —> they had a 36.8% acceptance rate. they bias is A LOT bigger then you think for people on competitive college forms like these

4 Likes

Agree. Most folks on CC and reddit are studious ones who needs to get in top schools. They are the ones active on these boards and the acceptance % would always be skewed higher towards acceptance option

So is the general consensus that the withdrawal thing is accurate? In that case, rejected :fire::fire:

1 Like

Even if you think suc different is reasonable ( what i found was much higher than that about 34% accepted and waitlisted)

How do you explain the absence of the 3 possible outcomes of the withdrawal page from last year?

Do you really think AOs will fix this minor issue and leave the bigger one as it is?

It does indicate something, but the fact that
1- only 2 possible options
2-some people who can’t access the welcome page can also access the withdrawal

Need more explanation!

I do really believe that whoever could access both will be accepted tho

But I’m not quite sure about the rest

1 Like

didn’t they patch the welcome reception thing tho? I saw earlier in a thread that they patched it.

Yea they patched it

Exactly!

So why patch the welcome thing almost immediately but leave the withdrawal page unfixed?

Well, there are some changes to it

So I’m just trying to be neutral here