UCD vs UCI vs UCSB - Most prestigious/which will result in the best job?

There are a few threads that rank these schools, but they all have one thing in common. They discuss campus life, location, the weather, activities to do for fun, but they never rank the schools in terms of overall prestige and which will result in the highest paying job.
While I hope for my college experience to be enjoyable, and for the weather to be nice, I am hoping that all of my time spent at college will result in a positive outcome in terms of my job and income/employment.
Which is why I am making this thread. Out of the three, which is viewed as the “better” or “best” school by employers? Which college will result in the highest annual income? Which school will grant me access to the most jobs?
I am asking these questions pertaining to these colleges, as there is already plenty of information pertaining to quality of life on campus. I am confident that campus life will be enjoyable on any of these three campuses. I have actually visited all three and I found all of them to have remarkable campuses, so I am not worried about that in the least.
However, it is not clear at all which school is the “best” and will be viewed as better by potential employers. Any input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

There is no one “best” between the three, and the single biggest variable in terms of your job and employment is what you do with your time there.

It is true that each of those campuses has some areas in which they have a stronger reputation than the others- but that only matters if that happens to be your subject area!

Go look at (likely) your subject area at each campus. Consider what sorts of work placements / internships would be most valuable in your field of interest. If it’s STEM-y, look at the research work that is being done by the faculty- is it interesting to you?

There have been multiple studies which have demonstrated that post-college outcomes are affected much more by what the student does (grades, internships, etc) with their time in college than by the name of the college- and that applies all the way to the HYPSM level.

@Bulkpecos: For the majority of employers, “prestige” is one of the least important considerations when hiring an employee. What job skills you have and prior experience preferably in your field of study will help you get that job. @collegemom3717 post explains everything perfectly so depending upon your interests, major etc… you should select the University is the best for you and where you can thrive.

As others capture above, there’s really no discernible difference on that front. The student experience and surrounding area are a lot different. If you are fortunate enough to get into all 3, pick the one that best suits YOU. The hard part is getting in.

good luck.

The 3 UC’s are on par with each other, even from perception point of view or employer’s view. One UC might be a little stronger in one area than the other or one might offer a major that the other does not offer. What do you plan to major in career wise?

Look at the rankings and selectivity. That’s about the only measure. It’s not going to matter in employment.

I agree with all of the previous information posted. It’s very relevant and you really need to heed the advice. (I’m assuming that you are an international student because you don’t appear to have completed a lot of research or don’t appear to understand how education and vocational experience work together at the universities).

Employers and corporate America want to see what you can do with the education you’ve completed. They are NOT going to say, “well he/she attended XYZ university so we have to pay them top dollar”.
They will ask about your college GPA, your internships, your courses, your college EC’s, letters of recommendation, and how you decided to apply to their company. For engineering, they may ask if you are eligible for a security clearance. Doing the bare minimum, won’t get you far.

My DH is often asked to do the technical interviews of prospective engineers for his company. He can tell immediately when applicants are there solely for the money. He expects them to be able to use information from their internships and coursework to answer questions from algorithms/scenarios he proposes. He always mentions that the hours are long and the team environment is crucial. Those candidates, who really didn’t like engineering but studied it anyway, find out quickly that they can’t do the job expected by the company.

I’m not an engineer, but I attended a CSU. I never have a hard time finding a job and continue to receive excellent compensation and “bene’s”. It’s my experience that the companies value. The degrees, certificates and licensing paperwork just go to personnel offices to confirm that I have the correct level of education to complete my job. No one cares where I went to school.