UCI Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

so did mine, cs major as well.

Good luck to all! My daughter just declined the acceptance last night (they gave her until the 3rd to make a decision). It was just too late in the game for her to switch over to UCI and start everything with them when she has orientation and priority registration happening with UCR in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully youā€™ll all get in and can smoothly transition over. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

My portal changed as well, nursing science major thoā€¦

Portal changed, CS major. Not sure if it means anything.

We think other two tabs were already there but now really confused seeing so many posts on portal. Any past year experienced person may explain if it means anything.UCI has first orientation day on July 11. Letā€™s hope if they release some wait list before that. Bio major daughter, as of now accepted UC Davis.

1 Like

Any news about waitlists in school of social sciences. Especially majors like economics and public policy?

The change to the portal means they are indeed about to make a final decision for people on the waitlist. By the looks of it now, likely the majority of students will be rejected (given that almost everyone on this thread has got the update which means that itā€™s not indicative of acceptance or rejection).

1 Like

Iā€™m curious, those still pending on the WL, are you all (or your kids for the parents posting) committed/SIRd to other universities and willing to start over with UCI (in spite of all the hurdles with doing so) or are you going to cc?

Son has SRI at another UC but is waiting to see. There is a small chance he would be willing to change over, but has so much invested now into the other UC.

Thanks for sharing. We really struggled with the decision. UCI has a unique BS for teaching Bio which wouldā€™ve been perfect but there were just too many hurdles with switching over. I think, for us, the thought of my D being able to attend UCI or one of the other ā€œmore prestigiousā€ UCs for her Masters was very grounding and made the decision to decline the spot a little easier (but still very bittersweet).

2 Likes

My son has signed up for CC and would accept if got off the waitlist. CS major

1 Like

My daughter declined her acceptance from the waitlist. There were no good reasons for her to switch from UCD to UCI this late in the game especially with the housing issue factored in. I think there is still hope for those of you waiting.

2 Likes

Do anybody know will a denial correspondence be sent to those on the waitlist at the end?

finally rejected from wl for comp engineering

rejected cs, instate :frowning:

this confirms me going to ASU for cs

My daughter just received email rejected from waitlist and it also mentioned wait list is closed!game over after waiting for so long

For which major?
Good luck to her!

Bio Major pre med track. Now we go Davis.Thanks