UCI Nursing

I recently found out that I was admitted into the nursing program at UCI for fall 2016-17. I am super excited and extremely proud to have made it into this prestigious program. However, as excited and happy as I am, I’m incredibly nervous. I plan to attend UCI, but I have some questions in regards to my major. How intense are the classes? Will I have time to go out(I heard nursing students spend all their time studying)? Does the program provide support to their students? Do nursing students feel close due to the small student size in the major? I’d appreciate a response, and thank you in advance. Happy to be part of the anteater family!

OMG Congratulations! I’m still waiting on the nursing major response and ahhh I’m so scared O___O
Sorry, I’m not very helpful haha
Can I ask what were/are your stats? :open_mouth:

My stats weren’t that good. 1750 on SAT, 24 on ACT. Did a bit of extracurriculars: Started a gay straight alliance, CSF, office volunteer work, Link Crew, and a couple of French poetry stuff. I think the part that helped me the most was taking two Calculus classes at my community college. Taking AP Stats rn. Passed AP Bio with a 4. GPA of 4.1(It might have also helped that I’m a male). I wish you the best of luck!

Funny thing is is that I don’t have any volunteer work in a hospital setting

Omg nice!
Thank you! ^0^
I’m mostly worried about my GPA DX

Admissions should be coming out this week so hang on! Let me know how it goes!

Aww thank you! Congrats again on your acceptance! :))

I was admitted to UCI nursing as well, and while I will be attending UCLA nursing instead, I can say that I love UCI and from what it sounds like, it’s pretty do-able. I would recommend connecting with other BSN students so you can study together for all the classes before you start the actual nursing classes :slight_smile: Good luck and congrats!!!

@kgiesch Congrats! Can I ask what your stats were?