UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Nope

1 Like

Maybe it is a good sign??

Nevermind. It looks like it may have gone out to people who started or completed the Alumni Scholarship App (I started it but haven’t finished it yet).

2 Likes

Thank you, glad to hear, and will pass that along. I thought getting into UCLA academically was crazy back in 2018, but after reading it’s even harder getting into TFT well again, it’s an honor to be interviewed. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Nope. My son started the Alumni Scholarship App but I’m pretty sure he hasn’t completed it.

2 Likes

My D did. She completed her Alumni scholarship application a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Old data had a positive correlation. Still the case but the number is old enough it’s not worth knowing anymore. For ucla regents notification to apply is not an admission notification. But it’s a 99.99% chance of admission. Same thing if u ask me.

1 Like

Yes that’s it. It’s sent to alot of people and keep in mind ucla gets 120k+ applications. If it’s sent to let’s say 50% that’s still 60k people getting invited. Those r made up numbers btw just an example

1 Like

D completed application (incl essays) a couple of weeks ago. She accepted the invite to the prospective alumni scholars event this weekend. It seems like a lot of extra work if these applicants aren’t seriously being considered for admission. That said, we are trying to set realistic expectations. D has had her share of disappointment this admission process.

2 Likes

My son didn’t get the invite for this weekend so he may not finish the essays now. Sounds like he isn’t seriously being considered so he has other scholarship essays he can work on instead.

Did he finish the application? My D finished the application. Not sure that is correlated with seriously being considered. Hope so, but not getting hopes up.

My daughter started her application but didn’t finish it, but she still got the email with prospective scholar virtual session invites. The email was in her spam. Maybe ask your kid to check the spam folder?

Is it possible the email only went to students in southern California? (Don’t know the locations of those who received it vs. those who didn’t.)

Do u guys know when does UCLA be sending out regents invite?

He checked. Not there. Thank you

We are OOS and got the email.

We are about 40 minutes from UCLA. Its just infuriating. 22 AP/Honors/IB classes and a 4.8 GPA, 4 years varsity captain, orchestra, and a slew of stem ECs and we can’t even get into a virtual session lol. I’m just venting but it is frustrating coming on top of the UCB news. I’m sure it is good news for you. Congratulations!

3 Likes

That’s totally understandable but I really don’t think this virtual session has any corelation to admission chances. It’s related to the scholarship only.

4 Likes

Actually, my kid with a 4.8 GPA didn’t get the email, either. But she also did not touch the scholarship app. So I dunno. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I should probably take my kid’s advice and relax.

3 Likes