UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Yes he did.

2 Likes

Assuming 5pm PST is earliest decisions will be posted on Friday. Has anyone heard any different info?

9 Likes

um is it confirmed that decisions will be out on friday? or just speculations so far

2 Likes

I think it is just speculation…though “educated” speculation… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Does anyone have My Application Status record not found in the portal?

3 Likes

Question: How do alternate Majors play into the UCLA selection process? Will alternate majors be offered in lieu of non-acceptance into one’s identified primary major of choice?

UCLA does not consider alternate majors.

1 Like

There must be an error in my application. My DD22 was able to select an alternate major when she applied to UCLA.

Per application data: UCLA

Aerospace Engineering, B.S.
Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science

Alternate

Art, B.A.
School of the Arts and Architecture

1 Like

UCLA does allows you to select an alternate major but only guarantees to review you for your first choice major.

From UCLA website:

The UC application allows you to choose an alternate major, but we only guarantee the review of first-choice majors.

3 Likes

WOW!! Understand. Wondering what is the purpose of an alternate major as it relates to the admissions process?

1 Like

Excellent question for admissions.

6 Likes

After applying and waiting for months, it would be nice to know if they reviewed the application for first-choice, alternate or both.

2 Likes

The information can be found on the website.

I meant in the the decision letter.

They state they only review your first choice major so why would the acceptance letter need to spell it out?

1 Like

Sorry. I thought i was in the general uc discussion, not ucla. Nevertheless, it is misleading to ask for an alternate if they are not considering you for it.

Seems like ucb is more straightforward in this respect.

2 Likes

Yes, we have the same error message. I called today and talked to a person who suggested emailing tech support, so I did. They can see the application on their end so it “exists” but for some reason it isn’t accessible from the portal. Hope they get it sorted out before Friday! Here’s a link to help you get started: https://admission.ucla.edu/contact

Ok. Sorry for the confusion.

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: UCLA Portal Astrology Major or No Major

Your memory is serving you well. There was never a major listed on the UCLA portal.