UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Many parents want to be encouraged by those signals. So I want to say to them that is positive sign. Of course that is not guaranteed .

In the case of the Alumni Scholarship, the applications are ready by alumni volunteers so they are not able to see the original application. That said, it is easy to spot when an essay is reused and not fully answering the prompt.

I read alumni association scholarship applications and interview alumni scholarship applicants for another university. It is 100% volunteer and I am not affiliated with the university other than being an alumni. I do not have access to the university application and I only have access to portions of the scholarship application.

2 Likes

Thank you

Thank you.

If your daughter was accepted by ED, she is supposed to withdraw all her application by ED agreement. That way, other kids or her friends in her school get more chance to get accepted for UCs.

2 Likes

Also, by not withdrawing her applications from other colleges your daughter risks getting her ED acceptance from the Claremont school rescinded since it is a blatant breach of the ED contract.

6 Likes

You should read this thread in entirety and why this is a hot button issue…Students reneging on ED acceptances more than in past?

All the best

2 Likes

One callout in thread…Students reneging on ED acceptances more than in past? - #122 by CMCMLM

I know everything. Thank you .

Don’t worry about. Thank you.

I guess. No worries. We will do but I also want to know how those ( emails and LOR) affect admission because my other child will apply college this coming year.

As @Gumbymom, @lkg4answers and others have mentioned earlier in this thread - you cannot definitively link alumni scholarship invites and LOR requests to acceptances. They pointed out that there are applicants who got these invites/requests and yet got rejected; and those who did not get invites/requests but got accepted.

So I’m not sure you’re gaining anything by holding on to these applications in violation of your ED agreement.

3 Likes

Hello.
I already answered for those comments enough. But I have questions about those though we would withdraw other applications.
I am not sure about ucla scholarship but many students got in ucb with LOR by reddit. I read many stories in college confidential . Many people together attacked one person who insisted their opinion. Every one is right if we applied ED , we should commit. But there are many reasons if we won’t commit. However we would decide commit ED .

1 Like

This was the first time I encountered this question on an application (General Scholarship).
“What other colleges have you applied?”.
Thankfully the response is optional.

Sorry, I forgot. If it’s mentioned on reddit it has to be true.

When you signed the agreement, it is a contract. That is why kids only Ed to their dream school.

1 Like

I understand all parents and students are very stressful and sensitive now.

Hello.
I answered to this same question already. Binding is not mandatory but it is our moral.
If any parents can not send their child, how they are sad though the child got in. But all things are not working as we thought. No reason to be blamed by others.

Only you can decide what is best for your family. I would recommend notifying the ED school so it doesn’t come back and hurt your student later. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Hello.
I said that we committed . I will refuse any others concerns anymore. I told many times in here we would commit but we didn’t withdrew uc schools only because our winter break ended this week.

1 Like