UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

I haven’t heard of anybody, which is why I’m asking here.

No Regents either…

The MyApplication Status site is currently unavailable. We expect to be back up later this evening.

1 Like

yes, two indicators that show that results will be out today by 5 PM PST
03/18/2022

1. Portal status - The MyApplication Status site is currently unavailable. We expect to be back up later this evening.
  2. Alumni scholarship readers will begin reading applications tomorrow. They usually start reading after decisions are out.

I am posting this for future year hopefuls.

14 Likes

Good luck to everyone. So much harder to get in these days. Really seems unfair.

11 Likes

I missed the discussion abt alumni readers ? Where did you see this ?

It was discussed up above in several places and confirmed

2 Likes

Here: UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion - #956 by Pugmom21

2 Likes

26 posts were split to a new thread: UC Local and Statewide ELC eligibility

Good luck to all the amazing students who made it through 4 years of high school; the Pandemic and everything else involved in the obtainment of your academic goals. You’ve accomplished more than most just by being you!!!

27 Likes

thanks

I’ve seen on UCLA past freshman profiles that they post GPA acceptance rates and noticed that 3.94/3.96-4.0 UW had a 40% acceptance rate. I’ve heard UCLA cares a lot about rigor/grades so do you reckon this trend continues?

4 Likes

All UC’s use 13 areas of criteria for their application review and weight them differently.

Here is list of what UCLA looks for during their application review:
LOS ANGELES

• Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record
  • Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience, Leadership.
  • Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, AP/IBHL exam scores
  • Note: GPA, course work, number of and performance in honors and AP courses most important. Essay considered. Strong senior program important. Extracurricular activities, honors and awards also reviewed.
    • For the College of Letters and Science, the applicant’s major is not considered during the review process.
    • The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science admits students by declared major, with more emphasis on science and math programs.
    • The School of Nursing also places more emphasis on science and math programs and requires the submission of an additional supplemental application.
    • The School of the Arts and Architecture; Herb Alpert School of Music; and the School of Theater, Film and Television admit students by declared major (within the school), and put more emphasis on special talents through a review of portfolios and/or auditions, which are the most significant admission factors for these schools.
7 Likes

Hi everyone! Just wanting to wish all of your kiddos the best of luck today if indeed decisions come out as expected. I was in your shoes a year ago on March 19th, and I so remember the unique combination of excitement and dread and anxiety, waiting for him to find out. He got so lucky and was admitted, though now studying the numbers and looking back on it I know that if it had gone the other way it wouldn’t have been because he wasn’t qualified. There are so many applications and so many talented and amazing kids and so few spots. I hope all of your kids get good news, but if they don’t it doesn’t mean that they wouldn’t have thrived at UCLA. Or maybe it wouldn’t have been a good fit and they will thrive even better at another school. My son is having a great experience at UCLA, but his friends who didn’t get accepted are having great experiences at other UCs or at schools outside the UC system. If your child experiences disappointment today, I hope they find acceptance and happiness somewhere else. And for those lucky few who get accepted today, I hope they choose UCLA. It’s a wonderful place – now with 4 years of guaranteed housing, which is incredible!

I’ll be right back here this time next year, crossing my fingers that my son’s sister gets that lucky acceptance but knowing better than ever that it’s a bit of a crap shoot.

Good luck, and Go Bruins!

72 Likes

What a lovely post!! Thank you. :heart::heart:

9 Likes

All the best, everyone! :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

@ucscuuw You’re definitely an asset to these forums. Thank you!

6 Likes

I have to admit - don’t know much about the UC system. They got added to D’s list pretty late because her GC recommended that she apply to 2 of them. So I’m definitely behind the curve on the UCs and their requirements vs all the other colleges she has applied to.

1 Like

Daughter going to a concert tonight and since she always opens her decisions with me, guess I am staying up till midnight.

Good luck everyone :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

I note this article that indicates 1-Apr as admission offers though I note here indications that it’ll be out today evening post 5pm PST. Can someone confirm? Article on newsroom ucla: UCLA again breaks applications record, sees steep rise in top California applicants

I live 2 miles from campus and we are headed straight to the student store in Westwood if my D gets lucky in the next few hours. This is my 3rd kid and neither of my other kids ever got into a school they didn’t expect to get into, but maybe the 3rd time will be a charm and she will strike Bruin gold! Good luck to all!

25 Likes