UCLA Alumni Scholarship Invite

Hi! So I read on previous posts that receiving the email for the invitation to apply for UCLA alumni scholarship is generally a good sign, although it does not certainly indicate an acceptance. Can anyone officially confirm this?

Is the following email considered an invite or just a general mass email sent to everyone? Also, are you supposed to receive a code if you were invited to apply?

Dear ____,

Since 1936, a select group of distinguished Bruins have had the honor of being known as Alumni Scholars. We invite you to APPLY for one of UCLA’s oldest and most prestigious scholarships offered by the Alumni Scholarships Program.

If you are admitted to UCLA, this is a wonderful opportunity to possibly receive a merit-based scholarship ranging from $4,000 to $20,000, and to be a member of the esteemed Alumni Scholars Club. Being an Alumni Scholar is more than just receiving a scholarship. Scholars are involved in campus events and organizations, increase their connections to the university, build their leadership skills, and stay involved as alumni.

Please visit our website for full details.

Deadline to apply: Friday, February 26, 2016 - including 1 Letter of Recommendation

We look forward to receiving your application.

Go Bruins!

Alumni Scholarships Program

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/1458538-ucla-alumni-scholarship-invitation.html#latest

@Gumbymom Thank you! do you think the email i pasted above is a mass email or an official invitation email? I cannot tell since it is too generic.

Seems like a lot of people got it

I have a 3.0 and a 1710 SAT score and I received the email. Although I am a theater major so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

According to the thread that @Gumbymom attached, you are either in the top 5% or 10% of applicants to UCLA! Which is a great achievement, it’s not as strong as an indicator of a Regents invite, but it means you are definitely a “top” applicant with regards to your GPA and SAT.

If your extracurriculars and essay are good, you should be on track to being admitted!
@hopefullgal I think it might be being a theater major and having cool extracurriculars (which I’m guessing prospective theater majors have)