UCLA Class of 2020 - Supplemental Questionnaire Applicants // Updates, Information, Decisions

I was just wondering how many individuals received a supplemental questionnaire, specifically from UCLA, but any UC is fine and your stats, info and decision in march? Thx

Don’t know if I got accepted or not yet but I received one from UCLA.
My Stats were: 2080 SAT, 3.82 UW GPA, 4.18 UC Capped GPA and 4.36 UC Uncapped GPA.

So far nothing … ACT: 32 superscore 33
UW GPA: 3.54 UC capped: 3.68 Weighted: 4.24
Bio: 760
Math 2: 710 if it matters
IB student taken as many weighted hard courses as possible.

I got one
UW: 3.66 W: 4.3 UC GPA: 3.8
I’m pretty sure I got it because of all my hardships and ECs as there are 2 reasons why you get it:

1. Hardship/Disability/Talent
  2. Inexplicably bad grade (if you had all As and suddenly got a C or something)
    My prompts focused on the former

My daughter was asked to submit a supplement for UCLA. We are not sure what that means. Anyone know ???

What does it mean to be asked to submit a supplement???

Sometimes it means the applicant is borderline and UCLA wants more information such as LOR’s and Senior fall grades. Sometimes admission wants clarification of a significant event/hardship or talent or disability mentioned in the essays or the application.

Thats what I thought. My daughter insisted on writing one of the essays herself without any feedback. It was an angry essay. We told her she sounded unstable. But we had to let her do it (this took tons of restraint to not amend it ! )
She received the request for a supplement. I didn’t tell her - but I wrote it and toned down the anger and discussed how she worked through and resolved the issue.

I’m hoping the fact she got all A’s fall semester can only help.

^^Do you mean that you wrote the supplement? Really?

@notsopatientlywaiting Thats quite a questionable decision (if you wrote the supplement)… Not sure if your daughter will be too happy with that sort of parenting :o

@notsopatientlywaiting: I agree with the poster above^^ that you crossed a line in not telling your daughter she received the supplement and then writing the essay yourself. Boy, and I thought I was a helicopter parent, but you win this particular prize.

@notsopatientlywaiting You should have just let her write it…they want to hear her, not you. If she gets accepted I hope you know they partly accepted your daughter and you, which isn’t fair. She should control her admission, if she failed to elaborate then that is her problem. I hope you know that 6% of applicants get this too, and those students are on the borderline for admission. So if she finds this in her e-mail I don’t know what she will do about you. You should’ve just volunteered to proofread it, now that’s a different story. This is very frustrating to read.

ANYWAY, I got the supplemental a while ago and here are my stats

3.04 UC GPA
1460 UC SAT (530 m, 460 r, 470 w)
Lots of ECs…
Personal statements made my sister and counselor cry, I worked my butt off on the experience personal statement.

Reflection on supplemental: I just wrote my whole story since I don’t know what they want me to elaborate on, it’s all based on perspective…so hopefully I will get a considerate and open-minded reader. I did however made one very negative and the other one very positive, so it will even out. I also wrote in the end of each of why I want to go to UCLA. The only thing I regret not putting is that my mom spends like 2 hours with me working in the garage for her swap meet nearly every day. Other than that, I feel super confident for some reason. If I get denied, oh well…I still have San Jose State on my hands, which is a top choice for me (to be specific, #4). Super proud of myself that I got this far! :slight_smile:

for future classes, i received the supplemental i answered both questions i input my fall grades (almost all A’s, one B in AP Calc). I was accepted :slight_smile:
grades don’t matter as much as the response to the essays so really think about them and write strong responses. my friend also received the supplemental and she had straight A’s fall semester (same classes as me) but she was waitlisted. I think her essays were not as strong as mine she wrote them the day before the deadline with no proofreading.