UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Hey @10s4life could you do me a big favor and reach out to some of your colleagues over in TFT and see if interviewing for Film and Television is still a thing?

I can only find a handful of posts from the past and from what I’ve seen it’s seems to be the departments “supplemental app”. Also there’s NOTHING on the UCLA website about interviews for Film and Television, just Theater.

I did receive an Alumni email but nothing from the department. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@Gumbymom and @10s4life Do either of you know if the Alumni Scholarship requires a Letter of Recommendation? I did not see this requirement on the app, but it looks like it might have been required in prior years? I just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

My son submitted the application for the Regents scholarship but did not see a requirement for a Letter of Recommendation. Can someone please let me know if it is part of the application process?

Thank you!

I just got confirmation that the LOR requirement for Alumni Scholarships has been dropped.

@separatelayer: Thank you for the update.

@Gumbymom @separatelayer - my son has started his UCLA scholarship app. Looks like he has to finish the general app first, then select the scholarship he’s applying. However, when he clicked the scholarship tab, it showed two awards: “regent scholarship” as well as the “alumni scholarship.” I don’t think he’s received invitation for the regent. So we are a bit confused why it showed up on the scholarship tab. What’s going on? —- confused mom and son…

@2015vintagemars Same for my son, but when he clicked on the Regents Scholarship “Apply” link, the page it takes you to says to enter the specific code you received in your invitation that was sent to you. So only those who were invited can apply for that scholarship.

When you go to the UCLA scholarship portal (https://prospective-ugstudents-ucla.academicworks.com/), you can click on the name of each scholarship to find more details.
Regents: https://prospective-ugstudents-ucla.academicworks.com/opportunities/210
In bold letters it says,

At the bottom of the same page, it says,

The first supplemental question is: Please enter the code you received. The second question is the essay.

Note for future applicants: The general application asks demographic questions as well as activities, awards, etc. You can go back and edit the general application section up until the date that you submit the completed individual scholarship applications.

I got into UCB with invite to Regent’s and got an email from UCLA invite to Alumni but no Regent’s. Do I have a good chance of admission because of Berkeley?

@annacf The campuses are totally independent and weight criteria differently. It’s def a good sign but by no means something that can be looked into too deeply. The best bet is to relax and enjoy senior year. Until the decision is opened, there isn’t much to do and imo, not worth getting worked up over. No matter what school everyone gets to, they’re guaranteed to have an amazing college experience if they go in with an open mind. There’s a lot more to schools than just their academics or rankings.

hey @10s4life . I received an invitation to apply for ucla regents, but i missed the deadline. I have seen a lot of people saying that if you got invited, you are basically admitted (or high correlation to getting admitted) but i was wondering if my chance went away since i didn’t apply. essentially, i want to know if there’s a correlation with just the invitation and acceptance or do i actually have to apply for the regents scholarship to have a high correlation to getting accepted. i know you’re busy with so many others comments but i am really stressing about this so please respond :slight_smile:
thank you so much!

@natemo13 Applying or not applying does not affect your chances.

thank you so much @10s4life ! i know this sounds repetitive but i just need your confirmation for my conscious. so do you think that since i got the email, my chances of getting in are good?

Has anyone gotten an interview invite from UCLA ?

@natemo13 Theyre better than most. Good luck!

@CindyLeuWho Interview for what school?

@10s4life For film and tv production

To all TFT applicants - interviews are NOT a thing anymore!

Just called the department and per TFT admissions you DO NOT need an interview to be admitted. Most will be admitted WITHOUT one! The ONLY reason you will be called for an interview is IF they need more information. They are ongoing through out the admissions cycle but so far NO APPLICANTS have been called in.

If you don’t get called in it’s either a solid yes or solid no. If you do get called it’s your time to shine and let them know why they should admit you. So everyone applying, including myself, can rest easy and wait until decision day.