UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

You have to create a MYUCLA account. I honestly didn’t know exactly what I was doing but I was searching around and found it lol.

How did they notify you of the verification status? I cannot see my D’s financial aid package yet.

In MyUCLA under jobs and finances there is a section called required documents or something like that. Mine was blank until today, but now there are a bunch of required documents that say my fafsa was flagged for verification.

1 Like

Ok, there is nothing there yet for anything in jobs and finances yet, but we will keep checking for population. Thanks for the info.

I have a couple questions.

1. What is typical class size for Computer Science lower division class like 31, 32, etc?

2. What is typical class size for Computer Science upper division class like 131, 180 etc?

3. Is the grading based on curve?

Thank you so much.

California is going to hell in a hand basket lmao

You will be able to switch to instate if your parents move to CA and pay the state tax for 365 days. After they finish the 365 days of residency and have contributed to the state tax, the office at UCLA will be able to change your residency to In state and there after, you will be billed as instate

@classof202125 - Interesting, sounds like your daughter has similar school interest and outlook for career interests (my son is looking at schools with good CompSci and Media/Arts/Visualization programs and included portfolio work for most of them). Best wishes to your daughter as well, I’m sure she’ll land in the right spot!

Pls check here: seems like 300+ for lower division and 200+ for upper division

https://sa.ucla.edu/ro/public/soc/Results?SubjectAreaName=Computer+Science+(COM+SCI)&t=20F&sBy=subject&subj=COM+SCI&catlg=&cls_no=&undefined=Go&btnIsInIndex=btn_inIndex

1 Like

I was recently admitted as a pre-political science major, but I’m also interested in studying economics. Does anyone know if it’s possible to double major in political science and economics eventually? I know both majors are impacted so I wasn’t sure if this was feasible.

oooo I’m curious to hear about this too! I’m interested in double majoring in some type of biological science + sociology. maybe a minor in spanish. that would be cool…

Yes PoliSci is one of the shortest majors in terms of required courses. Many students either graduate in three years or take a second major, with Econ being the most obvious pairing. It’s not hard to get your required courses, you usually pick those in first pass (2 courses), sometimes the second pass is more tricky, but typically that would be your general ed requirements.

I am sorry, but this is not always the case. It is not that easy to claim instate tuition just with the parents living here 365 days.

2 Likes

100% this. So many talented kids that are getting a one-and-done decision.

Thank you for posting the link for @Peter2025

Not true.

I keep seeing this claim repeated and it is not true.

I did see applicants with a lighter load get in over applicants with rigor, but don’t know what these other applicants have to offer

1 Like

Yes in state is not as easy as that.

Thank you!