UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

the scholarships themselves might be open but the emails probably aren’t sent to intls. 100% anecdotal but I was the only person of my friend group to get into umich ea yet I was the only person in my friend group not to get an email. I’m also the only international in my friend group

My daughter is 3rd year at UCLA and it is a rolling admission process. It starts in March and most likely will be after school hours on a Friday all through the month until the April 1 deadline…good luck! Some may hear sooner if UCLA really wants them (Regents, Sports)

@hanhh3t: Admission decisions for UCLA are not rolling. They are posted all on one day which is usually the 3rd Friday of Match

7 Likes

Students who are invited to apply for the Regents scholarship are not accepted early. They find out their acceptance and whether they received the scholarship on the same day as everyone else.

UCSB, UCI and UCB accept their Regents scholars early.

My daughter just received an email tonight giving her the option of submitting an optional supplemental questionnaire.

She has already been working on the Alumni scholarship essay. Gonna be a busy week/couple of weeks for her.

I am happy to see things moving behind the scenes and looking forward to March decisions for the UCs.

Did anyone get word about an interview or audition for the musical theatre program? The only thing we’ve heard was a request to submit for Alumni Scholarship.

Hello,
I applied to UCLA (in-state) and wasn’t expecting to get far. Honestly expected just a flat out rejection. But I received the supplemental and after doing research, I realized I actually have a shot!

So, this week I’ve been working hard on the question that pertains to me. Also received straight A’s first semester so that’s a benefit since it asks for fall grades.

2 Likes

Congrats. Keep that positive attitude. You are deserving. Great job on the straight A grades too and good luck on your supplemental. It is a great opportunity to show those grades and brag on yourself.

3 Likes

I have not heard of any interviews

Is not receiving a request for optional supplemental questionnaire a bad sign?
or can it mean everything was adequately addressed?

I’m sorry… starting to read waaaaaay tooooo much into everything for my D! :frowning:

Did your daughter get an invitation to apply for the alumni scholarship?

Yes she did, and we are so new to college that we thought it was only for students of alumni! :crazy_face: I feel like I am letting her down with how little i know sometimes :frowning:

Hey!
This is what I’ve pulled from other threads on CC and Reddit that talk about receiving a supplemental:
-Only about 6% of UCLA applicants will be asked to provide an optional supplement
-They are given to applicants who are borderline of being accepted/rejected
-The supplement can’t hurt your application, it can only help
-They are often triggered by essays about a difficult circumstance that caught the reader’s attention, but they want more information. Hence, why the applicants in Augmented Review are asked to elaborate on hardships mentioned in their essays.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Very helpful and interesting :))

Your daughter and I are in the same boat since I received it last week.

My advice to her is to take a deep breath and try her best to elaborate on a special circumstance she wrote about in her essay. As an applicant in Augmented Review, your chances are basically 50/50 and her supplement is what can break this tie :).

Wish her the best of luck!

2 Likes

You’re not letting her down . We are all here to help each other . This is a very confusing and complex process . I think the offer to apply forthe alumni scholarship is a positive sign . The interviews I believe are only for speciality schools at UCLA or if she is chosen for a potential scholarship It’s not a bad sign that she didn’t get the supplemental questionnaire. It could mean that all of her information was solid. It’s hard for us moms not to overthink and March 19th can’t get here soon enough :relaxed:

4 Likes

I realized I made a silly mistake and forgot to add one more course to the courses section for my senior year. What should I do? Who am I supposed to contact

i would recommend emailing your region assigned admission officer

you can edit it until Friday on the portal!

Does getting the supplement really mean you’re borderline? I talked about how I couldn’t take the SAT in another state during lockdown (my state is closed) because of health issues and stuff, but it did not affect my grades at all. Could it just be if you had a health issue per say that they want to learn more about?

What happens if I received the alumni email and supplemental questions?