UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Depends you’ll hear random roommates become best of friends and fb roommates that hate each other.

Random is all by luck and many don’t really fill out the questionnaire too truthfully. At least with fb you get an idea of who you’re living with. I’d say it’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Hi folks, which on-campus dorms would be most convenient for my pre-public policy freshman daughter?

Also, when does housing application open for freshmen?

Thx

Well you can rank the preference of what type of dorms you want but not the actual building itself. Housing app opens April 1st I believe and is open until just past the SIR date. Doesn’t matter when you send it in. Here is my personal recommendation of what to choose. Covid may change things but in the past freshman got triples. Choosing your first choice as a readily available one will increase the chances that you’ll get it. I was in a classic triple my first year and a deluxe triple my second year.

1. Classic Triple (Most social, having 2 other roomates is ideal imo. I opted for triple arrangements in later years since its more people to talk to in the room, nearly 100% freshman and my favorite dorm experience; ac not really needed in general except for the first couple weeks of fall and last couple weeks of spring, its otherwise pretty mild and i didnt even need a fan)
  2. Plaza shared bath triple (the shared bath with the next door suite makes it close to a classic feel, the bathroom is a big socialization part of the dorms haha)
  3. Plaza private bath (not sharing a bathroom with another suite makes it more quiet)
  4. Suite triple (like a mini apartment without a kitchen. More isolated and quiet and less freshman)
  5. Classic double (not gonna get a double unless they are all doubles this fall cause of covid)
  6. Plaza shared bath double
  7. Plaza private bath double
  8. Suite double
  9. Deluxe triple (gone and taken by current students. shared bathrooms like the classic but bigger rooms and ac).
  10. Deluxe double

so, will the housing office look at applications only after SIR/May-1st? or one could submit housing app before May-1st and they will be looked in as first come, first served basis?

Doesnt matter when you send it.

Thanks, so they look at all housing apps in one go (i.e. after May-1st?)

Yes, doesn’t matter when you send it in.

3 Likes

Hey y’all, just found this thread and I was wondering if UCLA will allow international freshman on campus this fall. Also, I saw some stuff about finding roommates via groups and I’m a bit confused… Should I go the random route or find someone proactively?

literally the only thing stopping me from fully committing to ucla right now is ivy day lol

2 Likes

How do you see if you’re in the ELC? My GPA is quite close to yours.

ELC will be displayed on your UC application. It only means if you do not get into your choice UC’s , you may get referred to UCMerced.

Not all schools participate in the ELC program for California HS’s.

Thank you so much! Do you know where on my application I can check?

ELC should be listed on the bottom of your UC application.

Dear Bruin Community:
I wanted to make you aware of a cyber security incident that may have impacted members of our community and provide you with information and resources to help anyone who might have been affected. Please know that UCLA is committed to the security of your personal information and is working to address this.
Beginning this past Monday, many UCLA email accounts started receiving messages stating that their personal data had been stolen and would be released. These emails contained a link to a public website where a sample of personal information from UC employees was posted.
We learned from UCOP that some personal data for UC employees was in fact obtained through a cyber-attack on a UCOP system, and this is believed to be the source of the personal information release that was referenced. The security team at UCOP is investigating this attack and I encourage you to read their message about it on UCnet.
We are working with UCOP to determine the scope and will reach out directly to any members of the UCLA community affected by this incident. In the meantime, if you receive any suspicious email, please report it to us via security@ucla.edu without clicking on any links or replying to the sender.
For additional recommendations and best practices please visit our IT Security website.
Sincerely,
David Shaw
UCLA Chief Information Security Officer

1 Like

Thanks, evidently UCLA did not have my D’s SSN. We got the PAL today. UCSD might be the same that they do not have the SSN. Will follow up.

1 Like

How do I see if I’m ELC? I feel like I should be (stats below) but I’m not sure

Unweighted GPA: 3.96
Weighted GPA: 4.38
Weighted and Capped GPA: 4.29

Very frustrating…where did he get in?

Hi, just to make sure, although the housing application opens today, we’re not at a disadvantage if we don’t apply right away, right? So as long as we apply before the due date (i.e. no preference is given if we apply now vs. April 30) we’ll be fine?

It’s referenced in the UC application. Login to UC Apply.

Go to: View how your application is reviewed
2nd paragraph

Found it, thank you so much!

1 Like