UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Is it’s bad sign if you don’t receive the alumni invite or the supplemental questionnaire? I’m out of state.

My S21’s friend whom I helped got the invite. We are in Sacramento. He’s a 4.0 UW GPA and prob 4.6 uncapped and 4.4 capped? Excellent stats and ECs and very deserving. S21 has 3.86 UW, 4.2 capped/4.42 uncapped, great ECs but ranked 25/600. Our school #2 ranked kid didn’t get it. Has 4.0 UW, too so I was surprised.

1 Like

That’s a well deserved invite then! Congratulations!

It came from a person—the alumni one came from UCLA Scholarships but this was a person’s email.

1 Like

Thanks hm8901. My son also received both Alumni and Regents invites, and the Regents also came from a person’s UCL email

1 Like

In state?

We’re in Norcal and my son received the invite this morning

from a specific person

My son has the following stats
GPA : UCUW 4.0 ; UC Capped 4.33 ; UC Uncapped 4.75
SAT Math : 800 ; ACT 36
13 AP Courses (5 and 4)
13 College Courses in Math/CS/Econ
Completed Multivariable Calculus, Differential Eq & Linear Algebra
Math Instructor at Mathnasium, Own software development business
8 years of music with participation at District/State level + Youth Symphony.

Anyone know if it’s more or less competitive for regents OOS, since UC does not count our honors classes as UC honors?

I think it’s more competitive for Regents OOS but that’s just because it’s more competitive for OOS in general.

@Gumbymom wondering if you know if the scholarship evaluators have access to their UC app? I ask because, to apply for scholarships, they have to fill out a “general app” which basically asks them to fill out all their ECs/jobs/etc. which they already did for their UC app. There’s also an optional 500-word essay, which D21 is wondering if she can reuse one of her PIQ. But that would only make sense if they don’t have access to her UC app. Thank you!

For the Alumni scholarship, the readers/evaluators do not have access to the UC application. For Regents, they do have access to the UC application. For any other scholarships, I do not have any information either way.

1 Like

Thanks! Her school does not do class rankings. But no doubt she is in the top 10%. She has great ECs, leadership, service, a job, honors/awards, checks all the boxes. She did get an invite to the alumni one though, so she’ll focus on that.

Thank You!!

Does anybody if the regents invite comes out in waves or strictly all in one day?

yes she sounds amazing so don’t give up hope! it’s the waiting that’s so hard right now for sure…

All Regent invites come out at the same time.

Hard to think that not one OOS has posted on any forum about Regents. That I can find anyways.

Yeah it’s very weird, I feel like there should be at least one but