UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

is that a good sign? or is it just a promotion email because I received it

It seems odd to me to have kids go through the effort of applying for a scholarship when they don’t even know if they’ve been accepted.

5 Likes

Story of my life right now…

It is not a thoughtful practice. They are busy enough. Why not have it due a week after admissions?

2 Likes

@CaBeachMom Haha see ya when we read the apps soon!

@whippymop Second part very much accurate. International applicants are not invited.

@JustTrynaGetInToColl See my reply @sushiritto reposted. It answers your question.

@vhsdad @jntwinmama I agree it’s not the most ideal to apply for scholarships for a school you may not get into. But most people reuse their UC apps anyways. The reason why they do it is so they have results put before people have to SIR. For many, the money can be a difference maker. The reason we don’t read until after decisions come out is because there are limited readers and having everyone read all the people who applied but don’t get in is bandwidth we simply don’t have. When I read I will be looking at the whole person. Perfect grammar and overly polished essays are not what we are looking for. It’s the potential for the student to be a great contributing member of the Bruin family.

4 Likes

Is getting a Regent invitation means you got in?

3 Likes

when did u receive it, is it explore engineering/UCLA email?

I got it Feb 12th. Its the explore UCLA email.

When does the explore engineering UCLA email come out? Is it sent to everyone? Does getting it or not getting it mean something?

@Lululime for all intensive purposes, yes getting the regents invite means you will at least get in.

1 Like

Explore UCLA means nothing. There used to be the discover Engineering day invite email for the big discover engineering event. That email used to be an unofficial likely letter. Now I believe it’s sent after admissions came out to avoid confusion.

what would be the date of the early email? I am trying to figure out if I received the 1st one or the 2nd one?

Jan 22nd and Feb 11th.

1 Like

cool - so the jan 22 was the first batch. I received that but I was waitlisted at UCI so my dreams are kind of dead. Has anyone in the history of UC been waitlisted at UCI and accepted at UCLA??

1 Like

This year with applications out the wazoo, there is no such thing as a safety school! Do not give up hope! You could still get in anywhere. It’s a crazy year for applications and UCI and all the overworked admissions officers are just trying to build a class that’s diverse, representative and interesting.

2 Likes

My niece was waitlisted last year @ UCI and got in to UCLA.

9 Likes

trace of hope restored - thank you!

I’ve definitely heard that about getting into UCLA vs. the mid-tiers. They all evaluate independently, they all get tons of apps, and some of the mid-tier departments are small. Eg. UCSB engineering. Not to mention the subjectivity of different part-time readers that publics have to rely on. Good luck!

2 Likes

I was waitlisted at UCI too. But I’m really hoping for a better result from UCLA, since I got the supplemental questionnaire.

2 Likes

That is good - I did not get the supplemental which makes me worry! The waiting is horrific. What is your major?