UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

I got my first email “inviting” me to apply on 1/22, I got the reminder email on 2/11.

Don’t worry! It’s only got a small percentage of applicants (like 6% I believe) who are borderline and admissions officers are split about. Most admitted students don’t get it!

1 Like

Also I applied for Sociology!

1 Like

I am not thinking I will receive the scholarship - just hoping to get in~

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard many times of getting waitlisted at one school and still getting into a better school. They all evaluate differently, even at the UC level. If you take a look at UCLA’s review process, there are differences vs other UCs. They take much more into account - including personal qualities, special talents, overcoming challenges, etc. Check it out here. You won’t find this same list for the other UCs. https://admission.ucla.edu/apply/freshman/freshman-requirements/application-review-process

3 Likes

whoops I thought you were talking about the scholarship not the supplemental~ too many things on my mind :blush:

Sorry the thread is confusing me a little bit so just to clear things out, if you got the invite to apply for the scholarship in both jan and feb is that good or does everyone get that? do kids who usually get that have a higher chance because I looked at a reddit thread and not everyone got one so I’m getting mixed messages?

The current understanding is, if you got the one in January, your application was screened and matched with the criteria the Alumni Association wants in a scholarship applicant. The email in February was an email blast to everyone to remind everyone that it’s open to everyone.

1 Like

Read Post #816. It’s explains the Alumni Scholarship emails.

1 Like

Any expected decision release date yet?

March 19th

Where did ya find that out?

I saw on this thread that alumni scholarship reading is this following weekend. Decisions go out before that and usually on the third Friday of march and before the reading o it likely it’s this Friday.

2 Likes

ooo! Johns Hopkins and UCLA, maybe UCSD and UC Davis too?!

Friday March 19th will be decisions release date unless something crazy happens. Post 816 which can be accessed using the quick message scroll bar has info on the alumni scholarships.

No use really looking into it now though, decisions are gonna be released soon.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. My son did a few, and just couldn’t get to one in time, and it’s one that was for a honors program and scholarship, and at a school he stands a chance at. It was just an extensive application, and with classes and needed sanity, he just couldn’t. And then there’s another he didn’t even know about until the deadline had already passed. It’s really quite lame. Or more politely, as you said, “not a thoughtful practice.”

i have never been so anxious in my life! i have thought about my ucla decision everyday for the past month 🥲🥲 i think we all need friday to come faster!!

5 Likes

around what time are decisions usually released?

Prob 5pm pst

3 Likes

At least thanks to DST your wait was shortened by 1 hour this weekend. :wink:

1 Like