UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

thank gooddd!!!

That is indeed correct. While I’m waiting for college decsiions and hoping they’re good news, mostly I just want to get my sleep back and wish they would get over sooner :joy::sob:

1 Like

I turned 18 exactly a week ago, and the first week of adulthood has already been hell with college apps anxiety. Hope this does not extend to the whole length of it :joy::sob:

7 Likes

happy late bday!

1 Like

5pm California time? I’m in NY, so 8pm here right?

Wdym? Today? Is it even a possibility that they come out today?

Yes. I’m from NY too!

@SkiingIsLife I think that the general consensus is tomorrow; they were just asking about the time.

1 Like

Ok that makes sense

Yup just asking about time, it’s tomorrow.

Thanks!

pretty scared for decisions ngl but I have some decent options (Irvine honors, SB) so I won’t be upset if/when I get rejected.

2 Likes

Congrats!

This is my first decision, so I’m nervous! I got the application supplemental questionnaire too. So it really could go either way.

1 Like

How much does getting an interview for TFT correlate w acceptance?

Last year from what I gathered, the portal went down, then at 5pm it was back but peoples’ application status didn’t update until around 5:30ish-6. I assume this because people thought decisions weren’t coming out and they were all posting clown emojis and cracking jokes about “UC Lost Admissions” and things like that. I know that the class of '24s CC forum was closed until 6 and when it went back up people were posting their decision.

1 Like

More of a general question but feel safe asking here since everyone is so helpful and supportive of my newbie parent journey!!!

I see college cost of attendance list Health Insurance Approx $4,000. Are the kids required to purchase this even if they are on your family parent plan?
Thank you : )

no - if they are under your plan thats all you need…school just requires health coverage for the students in some form.

2 Likes

Generally, if you are on a parent’s plan, that is fine if you are an in-state student. Sometimes, if you are an out of state student and has a plan that is typically not available for service in CA, then, it can be an issue sometimes. Just make sure that your plan provides regular coverage in CA (not only emergency coverage).

1 Like

Yes, as @A1A1A1 says, you can opt out. Years ago, they would have students opt in if they did not have insurance. Too many did not opt in and had no insurance more than was offered at Student Health and would wind up in trouble.

1 Like

5pm is the historical time.

2 Likes

is ucla coming out today or tomorrow?