UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

the theory is 3rd Friday of month - so tomorrow is the working assumption — people on this thread have noted that the alumni scholarship group starts reading essays etc this weekend but that can only happen once decisions are released…Friday’s are very common - and they almost always come out (for any school) after the admissions office closes – so for UCLA – looking at a 5pm PST / 8pm EST release…with that said, given this is an atypical year (to say the least) - it could certainly slip to next Friday given the decisions are due “by” April 1

2 Likes

thank you!

https://alumni.ucla.edu/event/2021-freshman-alumni-scholarship-volunteer-reader/

2021 FRESHMAN ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP VOLUNTEER READER
Volunteer to read freshman scholarship applications from newly admitted students, all fro the comfort of your own home. Reading will take place over two-days– March 20-21, and reading will allow you to participate in the selection process by identifying and supporting the best of the best from an incredible body of potential Bruins. Sign up now!

6 Likes

People on Reddit are saying that they called and heard that decisions will not be coming out tomorrow. Somebody claimed that it will be early next week, while somebody else said next Friday.

1 Like

Can you send the link to this?

anyone who says the “admissions office told us” should not be relied on – I have been through this process with a number of my kids and in these forums for years…admission offices where the date is floating (i.e “by April 1” etc) do not give out that information over the phone. So while it could very well be next week, no one has “inside info” to know for sure…it’s either going to be tomorrow, or Wed-Fri next week

8 Likes

what about the alumni readers?

1 Like

the alumni readers could be handed accepted students essays over the weekend without the official notifications going out…its not as if the readers are going to contact the applicant this weekend. So, while tomorrow seems likely (based on historically coming out the 3rd Friday in March) - we are in a different year/set of circumstances (to say the least) and with the enormous uptick in applications (btw - UCLA receives the most applications in the country), it could conceiveably go into next week…shall see…anyone’s guess at this point…

4 Likes

whats ridiculous is that colleges just can’t provide a date and stick to it…the whole system of admissions needs an overhaul - whether that ever happens, who knows!

8 Likes

lol how can they be one of the best universities in the country and cannot give a specific decision release date(same words to UCSD)

4 Likes

They never do. If you’re mad at them, don’t go there. They have until the 31st.

we are not asking them to release the decisions now, but we need a date, a specific date

5 Likes

They have stated that it will be released by the 31. Like every year. Many schools do the same thing.

1 Like

Theres no difference in the decisions being released today or in a week

1 Like

Honestly, I think we all woul like to know, but what really is the difference? As long as they are out by the latest date they published.

1 Like

yes there is a difference - many kids are “behind” waiting for these last handful of schools to post decisions…majority of schools my kid accepted to (months ago) - kids have already roomates and housing locked up so it adds tremendous stress to the kids as the social media / college group/facebook, etc. are in full swing since the beginning of the year… I agree that many schools say “by a date” – but is that how the real world works… when you have a work deadline or meeting – is it “around” or “by”…etc… institutions of this magnitude should have the staff to produce a firm release date - for goodness sake - these schools get millions and millions just in application fees - so maybe it wouldn’t hurt to hire more people in admissions rather them farming out to alumni readers…so, again, the website is clear and thus they have no obligation to do it before April 1 - but it puts tremendous pressure on the kids

8 Likes

I’ll trust the person who’s been on this site for 5 +/- years and is a UCLA Alumni Scholarship reader @10s4life and he said it’s the 3rd Friday of March at 5:00 PM PST. That’s who I’ll trust (along with @Gumbymom) for UCLA admissions info.

12 Likes

Yeah as far as I know that is the date. However things may change last minute. But nothing I have heard or seen would make me deviate from tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes, I definitely agree. I probably shouldn’t have said anything since this just leads to more stress and baseless theories.

Feeling a little entitled? UCLA has done nothing wrong ! They have not changed their release date and you were aware of their “by date “ when you or your child submitted the application. If you can’t wait a few more days maybe UCLA is not the right fit for you after all … j/s

4 Likes