UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

“Pro tip: just make sure that the honors class is indeed an honors class that UC gives weighting to. For whatever reason at our HS, there is an “ELA Honors” 9 and 10, along with biology honors, that my son was put in and it ended up not being given the extra weight either for HS GPA or UC GPA”.

How does one know they were not being given extra weight then? DS did his application and I do not know the grade entering interface. Hopefully he got his grades entered correctly.

I am so confused as to the semester uc gpa thing. I’m an oos student I took 17 courses from 10-11 grade, 14 of which were uc honors courses. I got an A in 14 courses and B’s in three of them, does anyone know if this is competitve?

At this point, what will be, will be. No point second guessing yourself. Odds are, a small mistake wouldn’t have made a difference one way or another.

4 Likes

Look here to see what is weighted at your high school: University of California A-G Course List

In general, courses that are considered freshman or sophomore level courses are not weighted. So 9th and 10th grade English, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Biology Honors, etc. are not weighted. Also, if a subject is offered as an AP, usually the honors level course is not weighted. For example, if your school offers World History Honors and AP World History, usually only the AP course is weighted. One exception I’m aware of is chemistry honors but there might be others as well.

Someone way up thread mentioned that Pre Calc Honors was not given weighting at his/her high school but it was weighted at a neighboring high school. That depends on how each high school submits their course to the UC system. https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/guide/update-your-a-g-list/submitting-courses/

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the UC application links to the a-g course list that @lkg4answers posted. The student enters the high school name, which brings up the corresponding list of classes for that school. From there the student selects which classes were taken instead of manually entering them. So if the school has a UC honors designation for a class, that will automatically transfer over to the student’s application. Students are advised to have a copy of their transcript with them when they do this so they can make sure everything matches.

As far as one school not having Pre Calc Honors where a neighboring school does, your classes are considered in the context of your school. You are not dinged for not taking a class that was not offered (or for that matter, for taking fewer APs if your school offers fewer APs).

1 Like

@StillLotsToLearn spot on!

In preparation for the release of decisions, please bookmark this thread which is where all decisions should be posted. Best of luck and go Bruins!

How do we know that decisions come out tommorow?

Alumni Scholarship readers have posted the dates in which they start reading which is this weekend. They don’t start reading until acceptance notifications have gone out as they will only be reading those who have been accepted.

2 Likes

how sure are we that decisions come out tomorrow?

that’s the working assumption - but no one knows for sure

1 Like

Because @10s4life is part of the committee who reviews applicants for the Alumni Scholarship and they are doing so this weekend and they’ve only ever reviewed applications for this scholarship after decisions come out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saw someone say around 6pm they’d be coming out. Any confirmations? Will they be staggered?

It’s been 5 pm in some past years

today?
pls no

lol I would really like to receive all my decisions today I hate wait

6 Likes

i would too but at the same time I have Spanish finals tomorrow and don’t wanna be depressed right before. I want weekend depression.

2 Likes

Guess who has an exam on Friday and Saturday and as intl student will receive any decisions early Saturday morning, but will be anxious from friday morning her time :raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

maybe you

1 Like

No, tomorrow! Sorry for the confusion

1 Like