UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Who is thinking UCLA win tonight in NCAA tournament will be a sign that you will be accepted tomorrow? Am I the only superstitious person here?

6 Likes

ABAHBAA YESSS! i was thinking that :sob::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Just got regents and invited to the honors program at UC Davis, was wondering if that’s a promising sign for UCLA, particularly the nursing program. I got into UCI nursing program already and UCSB for bio.

4 Likes

You’re definitely a strong applicant.

1 Like

Congrats! It shows you are a competitive applicant but by no means indicates what will happen with UCLA.

1 Like

Ohhh okay. I’ll continue praying for UCLA then :joy:

lol - never said they did anything wrong and if you read post I said they are clear that it’s by april 1st…what I did say is that colleges (not just UCLA) should revamp the system and pick a date. And thanks for the advice for my child as if your suggestion means anything…lol entitled…so next time you respond, try reading the post first

4 Likes

@A1A1A1 @4college2K19 Everyone is stressed but please try and keep all conversations on the UCLA forums civil.

UCLA and other UC’s don’t pick an exact date for specific reasons. The first is they are among the most applied to schools in the country by a long shot. Anyone in the IT world would know what kind of havoc it would wreck on their servers if all 140k freshman applicants at UCLA knew the day and checked at 5:00PM.

For most students, they want to know their decisions but are content to check when the school sends a notification email out or they hear from their friends. This delayed rollout of people checking keeps the systems from crashing. Its the CC crowd that tends to be hyper obsessed with admissions and knowing the exact date and checking immediately when they come out. The majority of people will check the next day or later that evening.

3 Likes

5 PM PST correct?

So far thats the projection. Last year it got delayed til about 5:30PM.

1 Like

Actually we are right in heart of decision season. For every kid who got in EA or ED there were hundreds that got deferred to RD all around the country. If you applied to UC you knew all the decision were going to be sometime in late March. Nothing’s changed. If you want compare UCLA to an ivy, they pushed those decisions back until April 6th.`

1 Like

LOL. From what I’m seeing on ucla megathread on reddit, people are calling the AOs and every AO is giving different answers. Some are starting to say that AOs are lying in order to prevent the portal from crashing tomorrow. What a time to be alive.

5 Likes

Got waitlisted from davis/irvine/sb. Is la pretty much a lost hope

1 Like

Rejected from all 3 so I’m personally not holding out hope for UCLA :frowning: you never know tho! This entire thing is unpredictable.

@anthonyechev They are wasting their time and giving the front office staff something to laugh about.

1 Like

I can no longer withdraw my application from the portal, does that mean they will release the decision soon? Like tmr?

3 Likes

A fun question to take our mind off things. Do think the Office of Admission checks this board just to see what students/parents are talking about? I feel like as an AO it’d be a fun thing to look at in your free time.

6 Likes

Maybe not UCLA but UW does. People were looking through the code trying to predict their decision and UW came on saying that there was no way to know your decision before they came out LOL I can probably find the post for you

2 Likes

I just joined and am trying to catch up. I’m a parent and we live in Colorado. My daughter received the supplemental essay and scholarship email. She’s a professional skateboarder. I’m guessing that’s why she got the letter. Her GPA is 3.8/4.45 here but not too many AP classes (many honors classes). Her ECs are nothing bc she’s pro and travelled constantly. Her answer to the supplements was great. Thoughts?

4 Likes

Bingo! UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision - #276 by UWadmissionstaff

1 Like