UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

to all the seniors out there who have worked so hard I’d like to offer this advice. This has been a very difficult year for all of you. Many have not seen the inside of a classroom or participated in any senior activity - a huge childhood loss! Do not stress over a rejection / admission. I work with many who have graduated from UCLA, UCB, Stanford and more. The most successful people come from all educational backgrounds. In fact most leadership in my company are NOT from big brand schools. I have a CFO from a state school leading teams of Ivy and UC grads. Opportunities are what YOU make of them and YOUR hard work will make you successful - not the school. Best to all of you and be proud of what you have been able to accomplish!

27 Likes

Did you come off the WL for UCLA?

The more I learn, the more confused I am.
Anybody knows if 9th grade GPA is included in UW and W GPA calculation?

@StillLotsToLearn

Re, your post 1022,

The UC capped GPA abnormality used to always bother me. My kids went to a high school with 7 class periods, and the more a-g classes they took, the lower their capped GPA would be. I think that’s why some of the UC’s like UCLA consider the uncapped GPA.

That’s true… If one assumes all A’s and the requisite honors/APs are met for all eight semesters – for OOS students, it’d only be APs; honors are not weighted for them – then here are the highest UC GPAs for the following a-g’s taken per semester:

5 classes: 4.4000
6 classes: 4.3333
7 classes: 4.2857

The admissions people would know though that those who take a six- or seven-academic courseload would be special. I’m just wondering if students are now taking eight or above by dual-enrolling.

1 Like

Thank You! Hopefully we see each other on campus in the fall!

1 Like

I never joined the waitlist because UCSD was always my top choice :confused:

1 Like

I claim this !!!

2 Likes

Just curious to hopefully feel better about my likely rejection today LOL- does anyone know if it’s true that UCLA film & TV production only accepts less than 50 freshman into the major a year? I saw someone post that they only accept 30 students a year into film prod and I knew it was very competitive but I thought only 30 people was insane! I already got into Chapman Dodge for film production so I’m not worried about not getting into UCLA since I think Chapman is a better choice for me, I was just wondering if anyone knew if they really only let so few freshman in :slight_smile:

I’m trying to figure out on average how long they spent of each application this year. Does anyone know how many admissions officers they have

1 Like

I know that nursing only admits 50 freshman so it wouldn’t be far fetched if film does the same thing.

Well said!

Wow! That’s crazy!! Well I’m glad to know that it’s not personal if I don’t get in haha but what a intimate learning environment! That would be really special to attend.

1 Like

Mine is as well. I’ve been reading this forum all morning, it should open up again later.

It’s probably too late for this but I just want a hint of my chances if my GPA is not the best compared to the ones I’ve seen listed but I have EC sports (11years) and volunteer/community service for a few hundred hours. I’ve taken 6 AP classes and wrote about my journey from an ELL to an Honors Student + some challenges/circumstances. Cabinet in club at school.

How certain are we that decisions will be released today?

NO. 9th grades are reviewed to determine if the a-g course requirements are completed with passing grades. 10-11th grades only.

I guarantee that if someone calls the admissions office , they will say admissions are being released today.

My parents took my phone so i cant.

2 Likes

What did you do?

3 Likes

I don’t know if there’s any point in calling.

2 Likes