UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

true, but for kids who didn’t max out on their ecs bc they felt confident that their test scores would carry, this can be problematic.

2 Likes

That’s nothing compared to the huge ticket tacked on when you’re OOS. :laughing::flushed:

My daughter keeps asking me why we didn’t move to CA when she started HS.
Oops! My bad…:laughing:

2 Likes

I applied to USC as an Olympic caliber pole vaulter. How does pole vaulting work again?

1 Like

Just want to add a few comments:

1. Even if OOS honors courses aren’t counted, the restrictions on California honors courses are quite strict. My daughter took 13 APs including senior year and none of her honors courses from 10th grade counted for the bonus. Her school only has 3 honors courses that count and one is the follow up course after taking AP Comp Sci A.
  2. The pandemic threw off the normal GPA considerations for many kids. My daughter’s school going Pass/Fail Spring 2020 means her Capped Weighted is higher than the usual CW maximum and her Uncapped Weighted is lower than it would have been.

Good luck to all the kids!

How do yall know for sure that the decision will be released today?

What time are decisions coming today?

We’re looking at trends. Every 3rd friday in March, UCLA has released their decisions.

They evaluate the applicants in the context of their schools.

That’s amazing!
I have the same story, different school. My father-in-law did his undergrad in Chicago and subsequently was accepted to medical school at Loyola Chicago. They were “dirt poor” at the time in his own words. He got jobs over the summers and was able to pay for his own medical school!

4 Likes

my kid got in 2 years ago and it was definitely a friday. He literally refreshed his screen from 8 am till 5pm and then left to go meet friends to blow off steam and then called us at 515 that he was accepted. good luck all it is such an amazing school!!

4 Likes

But they might not come out until the end of March, like the official date suggests, since they received 30k more apps this years… everyone talked like today’s official lol

We are OOS too. My D got into SB and Davis. I’m not sure she would pass on UCLA either. However Santa Barbara is pretty terrific. She’s waiting on decisions from Northwestern and William and Mary so she might have a really interesting decision to make in April.

1 Like

The application portal is closed and said to be back tonight. Also the alumni scholarship is tmr.

2 Likes

lol im staying up all night to view it dont say that its like 1:40am here already

1 Like

I think the portal being down is a pretty good indication of what’s about to happen.

2 Likes

how many students do they usually admit per class?

I think that’s a very dangerous assumption for kids to have. All the top colleges including UCs assess wholistically. No one should feel like they have the golden ticket just based on test scores.

3 Likes

I can’t remember but I looked at acceptance rates and applicants for previous years and this year was 186,000 apps and will have around a 9%acceptance rate

140K apps

@annaedleson Test scores aren’t everything (and my son has a 36 ACT)

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/how-applications-are-reviewed.html