UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Yeah its a letter of continued interest. I would focus it on what you bring to the ucla community.

2 Likes

Ok thank you! And is the wl a first come first save basis or? I have exams this week so will probably have to work on it bit by bit over this week and dont want to rush it but if it is first come first serve then will have to adjust studying lol

Wow! So awesome! Happy for you and your daughter. My son hasn’t opened his yet but we are not expecting a yes, just hopeful. :crossed_fingers:If that or USC doesn’t pan out he will probably end up at SLO. It’s been a while for me, but UCLA is a great school and your daughter is exceptionally blessed and lucky to have gotten accepted. Much luck to her!

Waitlisted!!! Everyone is bummed but I’m honestly so happy. I cried tears of joy because I wasn’t rejected. Congrats to everyone who got accepted! And please remember, if you got accepted but you don’t really want to go here, PLEASE decline the offer and give the people on the waiting list a chance. UCLA is my dream school and I’ve worked so hard, and I’m sure so many other students on the waiting list are in the same position - so give us a chance :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Accepted! Received the January alumni scholarship email + was able to view admission status on myucla pre-decision release

4 Likes

No its not first come first serve but the sooner you do it the better.

1 Like

Also quick question. I’ve been trying to submit the waitlist form but it isn’t submitting for some reason? Idk if other people are having the same issues or not but I’ve tried logging out and everything but the “submit” button is still there

Try tomorrow. The system is likely bogged down with the traffic from everyone checking. Also normal students go on MyUCLA for their regular subjects. Finals ended today so everyone is prob looking for their winter quarter course grades.

ACCEPTED OOS FROM VA

Major (and division if applicable) applied to: physiological sciences L&S
ACADEMIC STATS::
Calculate your GPAs with GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub 48
UC Unweighted GPA: 3.88
UC Capped Weighted GPA: 4.13
UC Fully Weighted GPA: 4.41
ELC (top 9%):
Comments about course load (including senior year): I participated in a magnet governor’s school stem program in virginia which allows me to take honors college level stem classes above the AP level which wasn’t accounted for in my gpa but i explained this in the additional comments. I took in total 9 AP classes with college courses up to multivariable calc and linear algebra
SAT Subject Tests (if any): N/A
AP exams (scores in parentheses): apush (4), biology (4), lang (4)
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): recognition from U.S. congress and navy for science fair award

i think what helped me get in was my essays as i showed all aspects of me- both academically and personally as i discussed a stutter i had along with hobbies unreleated to science. My extracurriculars were also very strong as i made myself look very driven towards stem and most my extracurriculars were clubs i created and directed. I am also a strong tennis player in my area

3 Likes

Aerospace rejected, but I figured that there are appeal opportunities. Does anyone know if UCLA will actually read appeal applications?

Now that things are dying down, if you are wondering whats next after getting admitted, waitlisted, or denied, then please check out this thread which has a helpful checklist and links for the specialized threads to ask some of these topics.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/important-info-for-applicants-who-received-decisions/2044186/4

I got in! Literally so shocked! Considering packing my bags to move from NC to CA!!!

7 Likes

My son is a senior at Chapman and he loves it. Why I asked. The Chapman network is really strong. My son has more projects than he can handle. He just finished a project with Bruno Mars and now working with Chris Brown. Take a serious look at Chapman. Great film school.

4 Likes

uw 3.96 w 4.7 sat 1530 800/800. usaco gold

I highly recommend that he considers going to community college with an honors program (if you live in California). UCLA gives priority consideration to honors transfer applicants with around an 80% acceptance rate, and alternate majors are guaranteed to be considered. If you want more info, look up “UCLA TAP”.
Next year I’m applying as a film major with Philosophy as a backup :slight_smile: He’ll do great wherever he goes!

1 Like

Admitted to Herb Alpert! I’m trying to view my provisional financial aid award and it says there is no information available. Anyone else been able to access their FA?

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! I remember you in other UC forums and I’m so happy to see your good news!!

Accepted!

5 Likes

yay!! got in for human bio oos from WA:)

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UCLA Class of 2025 Appeal Discussion