UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Did your fafsa work for other schools? It’s been fine for all of my other schools. Were the questions UC specific?

Is nursing-generic/prelicensure just a fancy way of them saying you were admitted as a nursing major?

I only used my fafsa for UCLA so I don’t know. The student income section is what I’m missing. I don’t think that would be UC specific. It’s just weird that I can’t access it at all through the fafsa correction page

Son first rejection. In state 4.0/4.34/4.44. Econ. Got in to Davis, SLO, UCSB, plus others. Congrats to those who got accepted.

Congrats to your daughter! Is she choosing UCLA over Cal?

I assume it is easier to get off the wait-list if you are out of state, since the financial aid is terrible for out of state students?

Accepted as an international from the UK.

So far accepted from UCLA, UCSB, UCSD and UCI.
Just waiting for Berkeley now.

2 Likes

Dd was accepted to all 3 of her top UC’s, UCSB, UCSD and UCLA.
How in the world do you choose? She’ll thrive and be sussessful anywhere. But UCSB is her vibe, UCSD is amazing and how do you turn down UCLA? Besides amazing programs and status, which location is superior, and has more of a community feel? Getting down to nitty-gritty now.

2 Likes

Did anyone get an email from UCLA yet because I didn’t and I’m a little scared

Hi, Our OOS daughter was invited to and submitted the Alumni scholarship. She just found out she was waitlisted. Does the committee still read her scholarship essays and if admitted, can she still get the scholarship?

1 Like

Honestly, no idea at this point.

Her top 3 are UCLA, Cal, Columbia (not admitted but had interview)

Have you visited any of the campuses? It’s a tough choice but a great problem to have!

@CaBeachMom
We have visited all 3, and live local. It’s just a hard one because all 3 are great schools but different in many ways. We have family members who have attended all 3. But when the choice is your’s, it’s a tough one. :wink:

1 Like

S21 got accepted. Mathematics. International from Costa Rica. Great grades & SATT, 13 APs. Math Olympian.

He’s very excited after dealing with a couple of rejections from MIT and Caltech that had him a bit down. I believe a couple of kids from our school got in.

2 Likes

You said in your post that UCSB is her vibe. I think that just might be your answer!

Others have turned down UCLA for UCSB. Fit is #1

1 Like

curious about that too. assuming no, but…i wish!

Rejected for CS eng OOS. Was definitely a super reach for me from the beginning.
UW: 3.89
W: 4.22
WC: 4.22

When you mention community are you referring to living situation, campus vibe or surrounding city/town? Niche is a good source — have accepted students set up a group chat on social media?

@southoftheriver
Yes! To all of that! :slight_smile:
I’ll have her look on niche and also to see if some chat groups have been set up. Thx

We faced a similar decision 2 years ago with my son, between Cal Poly SLO, UCSD, UCLA, and UCI. I would suggest visiting each school one more time and visiting the “Open House,” “Triton Day,” “Bruin Day,” etc. for admitted students, assuming that they have this in-person before the 5/1 deadline to SIR. That way you can take the admitted student campus tour, hear the school’s pitch, eat in the dorm cafeteria, and get a better sense of the vibe. In 2019, Triton Day and Bruin Day fell on the same day, so we opted to visit UCSD a week earlier and take an admitted student tour, then attend Bruin Day the following weekend. In the end, he clearly felt drawn to UCLA, and not simply because it was the “best school” in terms of ranking. It confirmed that it was the right choice for him. If open house days are not yet in person by 5/1 (i.e. virtual), then go with that and try to visit each campus one more time on your own if possible. All that effort will help to solidify your decision. Congrats on some great options!