UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

I doubt it honestly, I’ve never seen anyone claim they’ve been taken off the waitlist this year it’s always “someone they know”

5 Likes

I heard a couple of engineering students

1 Like

Applications due dates this year were later than usual for both transfers and freshmen though. There’s probably a lot of waitlist applicants the admission team has to go through so there will be delays.

5 Likes

ya fax i know someone who got into berkeley and upenn and was waitlisted at la so honestly they probably just waitlisted way more people this year

2 Likes

That’s also true. Lets hope for the best I suppose

2 Likes

I got into Hopkins, vady, and cal but waitlisted at la. this year was crazy

4 Likes

i got into USC and Emory and UMich but waitlisted at WashU, UC Berkeley, UCLA, and Northwestern. Its one crazy year

2 Likes

That’s very true!! They waitlisted more applicants than usual and the admissions officer I called did say that they read every applicant’s waitlist letter (and only that) before making a decision!

5 Likes

it could be because transfers came late this year, otherwise yield was good

4 Likes

Check the IG pages/facebook pages and all the pages have fewer followers/people inside the group. Unless this year people are just not using social media as much which sounds pretty impossible considering how everyone is at home and no longer at school.

2 Likes

hopefully the yield is small enough so all of us get in :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

About 4000 people follow the UCLA 2025 one and about 6000 people get admitted so I don’t think social media is a good way to predict the yield

2 Likes

2 more minutes to possibly getting a decision lol

2 Likes

With so many applications submitted per applicant, yield is likely to go down compared to a “normal” year (class of 2023).

2 Likes

Any news ?

1 Like

still have the waitlisted letter :frowning:

3 Likes

What does that mean?

1 Like

uh that i still have the waitlisted letter on my portal

1 Like

I thought decisions rolled all day when they release them

2 Likes

no change 4 me