UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

Thank You! She’s committed to Georgetown!

4 Likes

Is the yield rate for international higher than OOS?

1 Like

So happy to hear this as my daughter is also committed to Georgetown and she is waitlisted at UCLA. She was so sad when she was waitlisted at UCLA. Happy to are that someone rejecting UCLA for Georgetown. Georgetown was really generous.

2 Likes

Wasn’t May 1st the deadline to commit?

1 Like

some schools have different deadlines

Yes, and LS doesn’t admit by major

1 Like

I’m guessing she initially accepted UCLA and then withdrew/declined today in favor of Georgetown.

2 Likes

Both College’s commitment dates were May 01, however, I only posted today, thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. The wait is agonizing but hoping for the best for everyone on this thread!

1 Like

UCLA has global recognition and ranking, Georgetown does too, albeit only in specific areas of study, for eg International Relations and Business. She never thought she had a chance at the UCs as she is at an East Coast prep school, but I guess she was lucky and received acceptances at all the UCs she applied to except for Berkeley. We never got the chance to visit UCLA but we did visit Georgetown and that, added to the fact that she wants to study IR, and that UCLA is massive, swayed her to her to decide on GT. End of the day, she’s going to college, not me, ( I would have chosen UCLA and the beach :slight_smile: ) and she has to be happy and confident that her choice is the absolute best decision to help her achieve her dreams.

3 Likes

My daughter is going to do biology of global health major with premed concentration. Do you consider it good at Georgetown? Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi anaray, unfortunately, I have not done much research at all into the biology of global health -premed concentration. I do know that UCLA has a top-ranked med school if medicine is what your daughter wants to do eventually.
I have spoken to alums from both schools, and if your child shines in smaller classes with more individual attention, then Georgetown might be a better fit. UCLA is huge; sign-ups for classes are competitive and may be better for grad studies. Ultimately students will do best in an environment that suits them unless, of course, they are chameleon-like and highly resilient, flexible, and adaptive to any environment.

1 Like

I think she definitely will do better in a smaller setting. So GT should be the better option.

3 Likes

there is no June 31st - june ends on the 30th

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m an international applicant also on the class of 2025 waitlist, and I never knew much about the application process. I’ve got a burning question to ask: Back when I accepted the waitlist spot, I asked my HS counselor if I was allowed to put a waitlist letter or LOCI inside the additional information box, and she basically told me that she suggest I not do it, as she understood the instructions to literally be input any grade or award updates, and so I opted to not write a LOCI or message. I only realized that I made a mistake by not doing so a week after the answer box closed. Since they ask for you not to email them anything, I thought that it was too late to do anything about it.

However, since they’re releasing offers later than 1st May this year, is it worth trying to send them something via email now? or would it be too little, too late?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

1 Like

honestly emailing is probably risky, and they’ll look at your UC app again anyways. you’ll be fine!

1 Like

Actually they said that they’ve already read your application 2 or more times and so they won’t be reviewing it for the waitlist process. They may look at stats but I assume that and any additional info added is all they’ll consider.

source?

1 Like

I called an AO and asked, if you want to clarify you can ask them tomorrow when they open at 1pm.

2 Likes

but like how do they remember you as a candidate? they’re just gonna read your waitlist letter that has a few updates and then decide? that doesn’t make any sense. i think they skim your application and then read your waitlist letter.

1 Like