UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

I think maybe College of Applied Sciences?

1 Like

No i think they mean LS, the letters and science college is called CAS in some other uni’s

1 Like

How many ppl got off in total?

1 Like

I think only 4 that we know of

1 Like

What do you mean they will move more?

1 Like

does anyone know how they choose ppl off waitlists if they’re unranked? do they literally just pull ppl from a hat?

1 Like

I downloaded ZeeMee bc I’m too curious for my own good lol. To add onto this update, the specific majors people got off for were sociology & physiological sciences. There was one applicant from NorCal who was admitted, the rest seemed to be SoCal. It is interesting that they get until May 16th to respond
this contradicts the waitlist FAQ?

Anyways, hoping this is a good sign for more movement next week :slight_smile: don’t lose hope guys!

4 Likes

No they reevaluate your application

3 Likes

why? they just accepted in-state bio kids. that means they’re empty spots in that area!

1 Like

Higher WL offers. Originally they announced limited housing and classroom capacity but backed off that toward 5/1

3 Likes

I didn’t see any is bio acceptance but I hope you’re right!!! Fingers crossed

1 Like

did you guys write a lot in your loci?

1 Like

I wrote about my improved grades, my online course certifications, independent research, and an internship opportunity. I got COVID positive in December so I also wrote about the difficulties that I faced lol.

3 Likes

I used 6999/7000 characters lol

3 Likes

Was there any acceptances for chemistry

1 Like

Dannnng and I thought I wrote a lot. Hopefully in the end it pays off, ik you’re really interested in the school and I hope it reflected well in your application and loc. That goes for eveyone here <3

3 Likes

No I didn’t see any chem, just physiological sciences and sociology. I’m a bit nervous abt that tbh because bio and chem majors are really popular majors. Then again, LS doesn’t admit by major and we only saw 4 people.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Wishing you luck on getting off the waitlist too!!

2 Likes

Isn’t that like 4 pages😭 plz tell me no one else wrote that much

1 Like

I had a lot to say haha😂

1 Like