UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

Tend to agree. I am looking at this 2021 UCLA housing link: 2021-22 Undergraduate Housing Application | Housing
The last line says: * Because the housing capacity has not yet been determined, we do not have finalized rates. However, general rate information can be viewed [here].

My concern is, if the state come up with a limit on the housing capacity (like, not allowing 3 per room), and if the school is supposed to provide housing to all 1st year undergrads, then there can be an effect on the number of students they plan to enroll. This can impact all UCs.

4 Likes

I think this is probably why UCLA don’t have a big wave yet. Berkeley had released a wave recently and most of them are those who agreed to join the changemaker program. People in this program will live off campus in Oakland for the first year so Cal don’t have to worry about housing capacity limit. And this is something new that just started this year.

8 Likes

Read all about it here: Berkeley Changemaker: First Year Experience | Berkeley Changemaker - Very innovative way to enroll, with the promise of a Berkeley degree, though not sure how the education experience is going to be.

3 Likes

I got off the waitlist at berk for fpf on tuesday

2 Likes

did you also opt in as changmaker?

1 Like

no only fpf

1 Like

or were you given only fpf to opt into

1 Like

huh are you instate?

1 Like

yea

1 Like

What is fpf

1 Like

fall program for freshman at berk. so you are still on campus just in smaller classrooms the first semester

2 Likes

so will ucla be sending out unlikelys soon?

1 Like

I just want this it to be over

2 Likes

So please withdraw from ucla waitlist.

2 Likes

I dont think it is possible to withdraw unless you call them

This student may still prefer to attend UCLA if s/he gets off that waitlist – why withdraw?

With regard to the question about housing availability for next year and the impacts that may have on the waitlist, I found this article published on Tuesday. Curious how you all think this may or may not impact our chances? http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_HigherEducation.pdf

2 Likes

so that is why no OOS and International students have gotten off yet bc they would need housing and those inn state may not

1 Like

that looks really encouraging based on the highlighted updates from a couple days ago. basically they’re saying housing can come back to near full capacity as long as doubles and triples are vaccinated. maybe movement by the end of the week?

5 Likes

The other UC’s have already been letting more ppl off of the waitlist so it really doesn’t seem like it’s an issue of housing space. Also, I did see a video of a college lady on tik tok who said that universities are less likely to let oos students off of the waitlist but take that as u will

1 Like