UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

I actually did receive an email thanking me for my continued interest in UCLA, and advising me to add ucla admissions to my safe senders list. I honestly thought nothing of it initially and ignored it for the most part.

2 Likes

How long ago did you get the first email thanking you?

1 Like

I received it May 11, so about a month ago

2 Likes

Thatā€™s special

1 Like

My DD was invited to apply for Alumni scholarship in January. Subsequently she applied and in March she was waitlisted. Now she got in off the waitlist. Is that Alumni scholarship still open or the process done? She got only PAL (Preliminary Award Letter) where they havenā€™t mention any scholarship

1 Like

My son was accepted off the waitlist yesterday as well. I am not able to access his PAL at this time. Was yours available right away to view?

2 Likes

I saw my pal email before I saw my acceptance letter

2 Likes

I wanted to keep my expectations low so I told myself that everyone on the waitlist probably got it too. By the way, I found it while cleaning out my spam folder.

1 Like

She got an email that has PAL as follows

Congratulations on your admission to UCLA!

Financial Aid and Scholarships has prepared your Provisional Award Letter (PAL) to help you make the decision to become a new Bruin. The PAL estimates your eligibility for financial aid for the upcoming academic year. You may access it on MyUCLA at UCLA Single Sign-On.

Systemwide tuition and fee levels are based on currently approved amounts and may not be final. Actual systemwide tuition and fees are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California. If different tuition and fee levels are approved for 2021-22, your costs and your financial aid award may be adjusted.

Your UCLA Logon ID and password are required to access your PAL. If you have not already done so, please visit MyUCLA at UCLA Logon to create your UCLA Logon and password.

Should you have questions regarding your Provisional Award Letter, please contact a Financial Aid and Scholarships team member by phone or using the message center link below.

Sincerely,

UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships Team

Messaging Center: Contact Us | UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships

Phone: 310-206-0400

5 Likes

has any international ever gotten off the waitlist in this cycle?

5 Likes

Not heard

1 Like

can someone send an invite link to the ucla waitlist discord

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who got in! May I ask what are your plans with the waitlist?

1 Like

It was a very tough decision, but I decided that I will be a BruinšŸ˜Š

5 Likes

It was a tough decision for my DD. She has to forego Regents and Honors program at the other UC to become Bruin. She finally signed the SIR for UCLA.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Congratulations again!

2 Likes

Did anyone hear back today?

1 Like

Unfortunately no

1 Like

wait UCLA is still doing decisions??? I basically gave up (because I like UCSD better now!!!) but thatā€™s interestingā€¦

1 Like

Their waitlists usually run very late according to my knowledge!

1 Like