UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Is this true? I also apply to L&S.

Spoke to Admissions and the person I talked to said there will be freshmen waitlist acceptances throughout the summer and the process will not be completed by the end of May. Not sure why different admissions reps provide different information.

16 Likes

I did not believe that the waitlist would end by May. It must extend into June or July due to massive amounts of people committing to other schools and getting off other more prestigious waitlists. My friend recently got off the Stanford waitlist and he initially committed to UCLA, now he is committing to Stanford.

6 Likes

Providing anecdotal information here for those still awaiting decisions.

My S21 was waitlisted to UCLA L&S last year on March 19, 2021. He did not get a decision until July 2, 2021. He was denied, but by that time he had already decided to attend USC. Good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

recently got covid :pensive:

went from checking every afternoon to checking every minute

oh well

5 Likes

this discussion I mean (and the reddit one)

1 Like

I think the admissions ideally want to be on track to finish by the end of May, which is why they said that. As just because they’re “on track” to finish doesn’t actually infer they will definitively close the waitlist. They may also want students to stop bombarding them with emails regarding the waitlist status. I am assuming that thousands of people just like last year were waitlisted, therefore statistically it will be extremely difficult to get off even though we are all academically qualified to attend UCLA. If we know now, there is a higher chance of rejection—but hope can be extended and crushed to be possibly rejected in July as well. Honestly, all the best of luck to all of us—we’re all amazing regardless of LA’s decision anyway. Their decision says more about them, not us :wink:

7 Likes

What did you daughter decide to do?

got an appeal rejection; no email was sent just check portal

3 Likes

Sorry. Wishing you all the best for a wonderful college experience.

2 Likes

Pressed wrong button

She chose UCLA at 2am EST, 1 hour from the deadline. At first she couldn’t log in to accept. That was stressful.

8 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

praying tomorrow is the day!

13 Likes

Sorry to vent, and no disrespect to any of the highly qualified OOS and international students who have been accepted or are also suffering through this excruciating waitlist process, but I just don’t understand the logic here: UCLA is a public university that receives funding through taxes paid by California residents, yet it appears that no (or very little) in-state students have been accepted off of the waitlist this year. What am I missing? :confused:

18 Likes

barely any intl students were accepted at the same time so mainly oos are the ones who have been getting off, but still not sure why it’s only been oosđŸ„Č since they are state funded

I got accepted today for polysci!! Instate, Bay area public high. After seeing a couple friends get off the waitlist, I got off too!

12 Likes

Congratulations!!!
Email or portal update? at what time today?

1 Like

Congrats, Bob. It’s crazy that the only in-state L&S students that we know from this site that have gotten off the waitlist all went to your high school.

7 Likes

I know one or two people from my school that got in