UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

UCLA will close the waitlist once all spots are filled. Usually they will keep the waitlist open until July when enrolled students are required to submit HS transcripts, AP scores and other documentation required to maintain their provisional admission.

The waitlist admits are usually done in waves since admits are given 5-7 days to accept or decline. Due to low waitlist admits last year, it was more like a trickle.

1 Like

what does “which does not admit by major” mean?

In reference to the College of Letters and Sciences, it means choice of major will neither enhance nor diminish your prospects for admission.

I got waitlisted by UCLA as a cs major:( I really want to go to UCLA, I am also ok with being admitted to my second choice of major or other admission plans like spring admission. How can i maximize my chance of getting the waitlist?

UCLA will only consider your 1st choice major. All you can do is fill out the additional information box for the waitlist and submit your 1st semester Senior grades and update any new EC’s and awards.
They also do not offer spring admissions but you could also consider attending a community college and use TAP for a better chance at attending UCLA.

In the meantime, you need to enroll in another school by May 1 and move on until you hear. Engineering/CS majors are rarely admitted off the waitlist.

I was wondering what everyone predicts about the waitlist this year. Do you think it’d be closer to the percentages of last year (1-2%) or similar to the years prior to the class of 2024 (12-15%)?

2 Likes

Essay/LOCI - done & submitted.
Good Luck to all!! :crossed_fingers: :+1: :smile:

6 Likes

Nice! Did you submit essay/LOCI in that one box?
Best of luck to you!

Yes, submitted a small LOCI/essay with updated grades.

1 Like

If anyone has any insight into the #/% waitlisted this year, compared to previous years, and the imputed/assumed odds of getting off the waitlist this year, compared to prior years: please share.

D22 is happy with her other admits but UCLA was #1. We’re moving ahead with others but would be helpful to know what odds are just for mindset. (We are of course assuming 0% chance but that’s not exactly right.)

(And, yeah, she’s crushed despite some great schools on the admit list.)

Thank you.

1 Like

Waitlist numbers will not be out till Fall or later. No way to gauge any ones chances since it will depend upon how many students enroll by May 1.

Are WL acceptances expected to trickle in like last year? Or do a lot come out at a particular time, and then trickle later?

If there are enough spots that need to filled after the SIR date, the admits can be posted in waves. Last year, few spots available so they trickled out. They do not come out at a particular time.

2 Likes

Do OOS students get accepted from the waitlist or is it predominantly IS residents?

OOS and International applicants have just the same chances of getting off the waitlist as in-state CA applicants. It is a matter of where they have spots open to accept the waitlisted students.

2 Likes

What is the release time frame generally for appeals? It seems some years have come out in late April, but others in mid June/July?

1 Like

UCLA does not guarantee any specific timeline for appeal decisions. Since they do not set aside spots for appealing applicants, it will depend upon if the appeal is approved and where they have room to admit.

1 Like

Has anyone been let in off the waitlist yet that you know about?

I have not seen any waitlist admits and I would not expect to see any until after the May 1 SiR deadline.

1 Like

Not only would I be surprised to see anyone come off the waitlist before May 1, I would be shocked if anyone was invited from the waitlist before the April 15 deadline to opt onto the waitlist.

2 Likes