UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Does anyone know when UCLA release the waitlist admission this year and in previous years? I’ve heard that some students heard from UCLA in late April last year

2 Likes

Last year there were few admits and the first students that heard was on May 1. 2 years ago some waitlist admits heard April 28.

4 Likes

I just read on Reddit that some kids on the UCLA WL have interviews set up this week. Apparently UCLA reached out to them to set up the interview.

I think that Reddit thread is for law school:

r/lawschooladmissions

3 Likes

thanks!!

1 Like

UCLA does not interview waitlisted Freshman students.

2 Likes

Looks like UCLA applicant portal is down. Maybe some decisions are coming off the waitlists?

Transfer applicants were notified of acceptance today, so maybe that’s why portal is down?

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Assuming earliest anyone could get off waitlist is Monday?

3 Likes

And if the earliest is Monday, will the announcement be first thing in the morning or after 5pm?

2 Likes

So, they pretty much already decided how many students can be off the WL list? I thought they would NOT know the “yield numbers” until May 1?

Or they have finished reviewing all the WLs’ LOCI and make a sorted list already? Quick question: Will they assign new AOs(or some readers) to review the LOCI, or let the previous readers who did the review to re-evaluate the whole stuff again?

5 Likes

Generally you receive an email in the morning saying there is a decision in your portal.

3 Likes

Hey, I got off the waiting list around 30 mins ago for CAS!! I think they have started sending them out

5 Likes

Congrats!!! How much time do you have to respond?

1 Like

I’ve got till may 4th

1 Like

Congratulations! OOS, international, or in-state?

1 Like

Congrats, @Rajveer_DAIS! What is CAS?

International

3 Likes

Political Science!

1 Like