UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

Gumbymom, my D21 got the same letter, but did not respond by March 2 (not sure if delayed to her email, she thought it was junk mail). :rage:

I’m having her contact the appropriate parties, but can she still apply?

It would up to the Alumni scholarship committee to decide if they would extend the deadline.

1 Like

CS,88semester units,IGETC.

@Gumbymom When will the UCLA transfer applicants (Fall 2023) receive the invitation to apply for the Regent Scholarship? or anyone (UCLA transfer applicants for Fall 2023) had received the invitation to apply for the Regent Scholarship?

1 Like

I am pretty sure that for Transfers, Regents does not require an invite and will be automatically posted with your acceptance. Hopefully someone can confirm.

2 Likes

@Gumbymom Oh I see. Thank you very much for your reply!

Major: Linguistics & Computer Science

GPA: Cumulative 3.92. Major Preparation 4.0

TAP + Alternate Major: No TAP. No Alternative major.

#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior:
CS 31, 32, 33. MATH 31A, B. MATH 61.
Attended high school in a non-English speaking country.

Extracurriculars: Full-time labor job

IGETC status: completed by fall

In-state/OOS/International: In-state

School Type: CCC

Income Bracket: Very low income

Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,):

78 assist certified semester units, took 2.5 years.
Have been maintaining full-time enrollment at CCC.
All first attempts, no Ws. No drawbacks. No P/NPs in major preparations.
No exceptional strengths except my full-time employment alongside my full-time college enrollment.

Major: Phil

GPA: Cumulative 3.7, almost 4.0 in phil classes

TAP + Alternate Major: No TAP. No Alternative major.

#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: all

Extracurriculars: couple of full-time jobs I held over the years, volunteer service

IGETC status: completed by fall

In-state/OOS/International: In-state

School Type: CCC

Income Bracket: low income

Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): re-entry, non-trad, upward trend; I would redo the PIQ and elaborate on a couple of things, but we’ll see.

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

what sort of labor job? sounds intriguing.

I am a transfer and my counselor noticed that I qualify for an AA degree and was awarded one from my CC. Is that an important piece of info I should update the UCs on, or is it too late/insignificant?

It won’t matter, and it’s probably too late. The Admissions Committee wants to know if you have satisfied any prereqs that need to be satisfied before you transfer (some can be completed at UCLA). Whether you completed the requirements for an AA is irrelevant to them.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people on other websites say UCLA and UCSD may release on either March 17th or March 24th - does anyone else think a decision will come tomorrow?

@Cafo I think that is for Freshmen decisions. Looking at other posts, it seems mid to late April for transfer students.

1 Like

I’m so sorry I didn’t follow the rules of the thread initially. I guess that’s why no one replied to my first post lol.

Anyway, my stats are:

Major: Film and Television
GPA: 3.42
TAP: No Tap/No Alternate Major
Prerequisites: Completed
Extracurriculars: Attended a North Carolina Film School called University of North Carolina School of the arts/wrote screenplays/directed class film projects
IGETC: Completed/AA Degree obtained

In-state/OOS/International: I’m out of state but I am California born and received my AA degree from a California community college.
School Type: Community College
Income Bracket: Lower Middle Class
Other strengths: Screenwriter, Some film and set experience

1 Like

I think they’ve started reviewing apps because I just got a strange info email request from them.

I think it’s because my high-school, for my last 2.5 years of high school, has a Native American name. So they asked me to inform them of the country I attended 9th and 10th grade and the primary language for instruction.
Lol I was born in California and went back east for some of high school, but I’ve lived in America my whole life :woman_shrugging:t3:

Anyway… seems like a good sign that they’re working on the app.

I got that email a month ago asking where I attended 9th grade and the primary language. My HS wins decathlon a lot so I know they know what HS it is however I only attended that school from 10th-12th so I think it triggered a review because that only 3 years. Didnt bother listing my freshman year. I thought it was a good sign but idk.

1 Like

Major: Public Affairs
GPA: 3.89
TAP + Alternate Major: Yes TAP, no alternate
#of pre-requisites completed by Fall prior: 5/5 completed Winter 2023.
Extracurriculars: Paid employment - Special education behavioralist for 4 years after High school, Kindergarten teachers assistant for 1 year.
IGETC status: Will complete by end of Spring 2023, one course left.

In-state/OOS/International: In-state, local.
School Type: California Community College (CCC)
Income Bracket: Low middle-class. Independent on FAFSA so not including guardian income.
Other (strengths, weaknesses, hooks,): Strengths - Finished CCC in 1.5 years after taking a 5-year gap from college. Dean’s Honor List student. I am in the Scholars program at Santa Monica College, which gives a direct line of admission to UCLA (apparently). Weaknesses - My GPA declined after the Winter semester due to my first C in statistics, however, it might not be a part of my application because I submitted my TAU before grades were released. Hooks - Interested in social/work teaching.

So they’re a little late on my email ha ha

1 Like

It definitely means it’s being reviewed in some capacity, so I guess that means we aren’t getting an auto-reject. fingers crossed

1 Like