UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

ok… so… I did notice that the weekend they were scheduled to read the Alumni scholarships was this past weekend… but they have a warning that it could be postponed until the following weekend, which would be this upcoming weekend. Since they usually release the acceptances prior to that weekend, I thought the same thing about it potentially being the 21st

BUT… then I came across an Alumni scholarship reader on reddit and (this person actually gave the freshman a heads up for their release which was accurate) so I asked them and they Said, “Transfer notification date is Wednesday the 26th per the latest update provided to readers.”

So my hopes were dashed and I’m pretty sure it will be the 26th.

Thanks for the info @College40. Could you please provide the Reddit link too?

1 Like

Thanks, College40. D21 on pins and needles.

1 Like

Hi, sorry I blacked out the username. I don’t want to post anyone’s username on another site, but you can find it in “applying to college” on reddit just search “UCLA alumni scholarship dates”. The post was directed at freshman initially but someone asked about transfers.

1 Like

I think you have a large shot at getting in. If you’re in TAP, you should definitely get in, especially since Linguistics is not impacted and your ECs and GPA are unique and incredible. I’m going to apply to Linguistics/CS in Fall 2024 and I have the same GPA as you :slight_smile:

major is missing

2 Likes

Was just coming here to say that!!! OMG it would be so cool if it came out today. I’m going to ask the reader if they are reading this weekend

The withdraw option is gone too!

ok… I just asked the reader and they said they have not received any new info from when they were told tentatively the 26th. They said they would update if they hear anything else.
Then I went looking through last year’s posts here and the majors disappeared on the 9th but decisions were released on the 27th , so I’m going to go about my regular life and try not to stress. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so upset that UCLA’s decisions aren’t out today. After reading somewhere that they might be, I haven’t been able to convince myself otherwise lol :sob:

2 Likes

I agree … the wait is so painful but hopefully by April 26 we should hear from them!

2 Likes

True. It’s also just the buildup of anxiety that’s a monster to deal with lol

2 Likes

Is anyone having trouble logging into their portal?

nope

nope

Waiting for UCSB’s release 3pm today :sunglasses: and also hoping UCLA will too today while staying cool & calm :sunglasses:

Nope all good.
have you logged in before?

just tried logging in. no problems either :slight_smile:

Hi! Are decisions coming today or tmrw?

As of now, more than likely tomorrow.

2 Likes