UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Are you instate too?

Out of state

2 Likes

My D23 just got off the waitlist for pre-Sociology, in-state Nor Cal.

3 Likes

did u guys get an email

3 Likes

Yes, she received an email that said ā€œthereā€™s been a change to your admission statusā€. We figured they had closed the wait list lol.

3 Likes

I want to report another admission off the wait list this morning, from a mom Iā€™ve been messaging with on Facebook. As she might be using an alias here on CC it might be a duplicate report, but her daughter had SIRā€™d to UCSB and was admitted off the UCLA waitlist this morning. In state.

1 Like

Looks like no international students getting off. Itā€™s al in state and oos

We were just told that the School of Engineering has hit their target numbers and donā€™t anticipate extending offers to those on the waitlist. Wish theyā€™d officially let the students know.

Did the admission office give you this information?

2 Likes

The Office of Academic and Student Affairs.

1 Like

Oh ok. When I spoke with the admission office this Tuesday, they said they are still reviewing applications and will be sending out admission decisions on a rolling basis.

So, will we be receiving rejections next week?

2 Likes

And this week is almost done
So basically this is the end?

1 Like

I think soā€¦ engineering is crazy competetive and I am sure noone withdrew unless he/she got accepted to ivy league. Even though waitlisting is a soft rejection, I couldnā€™t help myself hoping to get off the waitlist. Iā€™d rather prefer to be rejected in Aprilā€¦

6 Likes

That sounds like the party line and is probably true for Letters and Science. I specifically spoke with and my son emailed engineering folks and got a clearer answer. Iā€™m actually relieved, as this allows my son to more fully move on and embrace the UC he will attend.

4 Likes

what type of housing did she get?

1 Like

yes i heard of this too

@Gumbymom I know you have mentioned that the College of Letters and Sciences does not admit by major, but is there any reason why quite a few waitlist admits have been for Business Economics? Iā€™ve seen more admits for that specific major than any other and was wondering why since it seems odd given how the college admits waitlist applicants.

2 Likes

Just because a waitlisted student is admitted into the a specific major such as Business Econ, does not mean they these students are locked into that major once they enroll. Perhaps the strongest students for the College of L&S have selected Business Econ as the first choice major? Since UCLA does not have an Undergraduate Business school, Business Econ is to the go to major for most students interested in Business career.

2 Likes

One thing seems clear, UCLA doesnā€™t read the essay thatā€™s part of waitlist question. I have heard many who got selected from WL barely wrote an essay. Atleast we can let people know not to waste their time writing a detailed one like my son did. Hope they remove this optional question going forward!

1 Like